"Is all that we see or seem
      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        Crop-circle hoaxers are nothing but cereal killers.
        Only if they use ricin.

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham View Post
          I never understood how anyone with a positive IQ could ever be taken in by The Cottingley Fairies - the photos were so obviously fake. But there you go - you really can fool some of the people all of the time.

I haven't read all the posts here, but has anyone mentioned The Loch Ness Monster?

Graham
          I have to recuse myself from ridiculing Nessie as a hoax, as my mother saw Chessie.
          "Is all that we see or seem
          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
            Although I boast no special prowess as a cricket player, I once played for the MCC. No, not that club... it was the Maryland Cricket Club. And when I went in to bat, I got bowled out on the first ball! To make it even worse, I was bowled out for a duck by an Irishman!
            You qualify as a member of The Primary Club then. I didn't often open the batting (rightly so) but I was once clean bowled by the first ball of a match. Not a good experience.
            I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
              What’s that?
              It's my home-brewed kool-aid, Abby. It's what I think could have happened. A contemporary hypothesis about evolution and human creation. Long story short, I blv humans ate particular foods which unlocked sets of mysteries, at intervals along the natural timeline, and evolved our being.
              there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

• Aleister Crowley took a lot of people in....double entendre not intended.

Graham
                We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• I’d love to do this

Jeff Wysaski's hobby is putting up fake signs at various locations such as stores, museums, or in the street. He posts examples of his creations on his blog Obvious Plant. The very first fake sign he put up was in a park, listing the Park Rules, which included that Dogs must be clothed. Perhaps an allusion to Alan Abel's Society for the Indecency to Naked Animals?
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Good one, HS.

A few years back there was a real sign behind the bar in a Liverpool pub, which read:

No track suits after 6pm.

I'm going up there in a week or so, for some Beatles therapy, and will see if it's still there.

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Indeed, clever...and a good reference website for those who are prone to be gullible.
                      Best Wishes,
                      Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
                        Good one, HS.

A few years back there was a real sign behind the bar in a Liverpool pub, which read:

No track suits after 6pm.

I'm going up there in a week or so, for some Beatles therapy, and will see if it's still there.

Love,

Caz
                        X
                        By going to Liverpool Caz aren’t you at risk of being accused of attending a secret meeting of diary conspirators?
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                          By going to Liverpool Caz aren’t you at risk of being accused of attending a secret meeting of diary conspirators?
                          Liverpudlian conspirators = Wirral in this together
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Lord have mersey, Gareth. That was a cruel and unusual pun-ishment.

HS, I've been accused of much worse in my time - much of it true.

Have a great weekend all.

Love,

Caz
                            X
                            "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                              Liverpudlian conspirators = Wirral in this together
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Then of course there was Conan Doyle's favourite song - Fairy Cross The Mersey.

Comment

Working...
                                X