No announcement yet.

Greatest hoax of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Descartes favorite toast-I drink, therefor I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
      A bar slides under Albert Einstein....
      Subtle, and very clever... at least, from my point of view.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        Subtle, and very clever... at least, from my point of view.
        I don't get it? relativity? simultainity? Lorentz contraction?

Comment

• Relativity.

Fitzgerald asked why he hadn't been mentioned in the previous post but was told that if he had been, it wouldn't be a contraction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
            Relativity.

Fitzgerald asked why he hadn't been mentioned in the previous post but was told that if he had been, it wouldn't be a contraction.
            got it!

Comment

• Bartender says whatll ya have? A Tachyon walks into the bar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                I don't get it? relativity? simultainity? Lorentz contraction?
                Relativity. Einstein goes to the bar, or the bar goes to Einstein... depending on your frame of reference.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                  Relativity. Einstein goes to the bar, or the bar goes to Einstein... depending on your frame of reference.
                  yup got it

Comment

• A pair of twins walk into a bar and each asks for a pie. The first twin has no problems, but the second twin goes off at tremendous speed in a rocket. When he returns, he finds his pie on sale at the Co-op.

Comment

• I love the jokes.. but to get back on topic.. I was always a fan of the Berners Street Hoax...almost makes me think of something out of The Magic Christian (a book/movie all about great hoaxes!!)

Steadmund Brand
                      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                        I love the jokes.. but to get back on topic.. I was always a fan of the Berners Street Hoax...almost makes me think of something out of The Magic Christian (a book/movie all about great hoaxes!!)

Steadmund Brand
                        whats the berners street hoax?

Comment

• In 1809 Theodore Hook bet a friend that within one week he could make any house in London the most famous and talked about place in the city.. he picked 54 Berners Street.. then he wrote thousands of letters ordering items and requesting service and what not for November 27th... then starting at 5 am (first was one of several chimney sweeps) the people started showing up... in droves.. everything from gardeners to piano movers to fish mongers , so many that every office in town had to be sent to Berners Street and the roads were jammed for several blocks.. all for a laugh

Steadmund Brand
                          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

In 1809 Theodore Hook bet a friend that within one week he could make any house in London the most famous and talked about place in the city.. he picked 54 Berners Street.. then he wrote thousands of letters ordering items and requesting service and what not for November 27th... then starting at 5 am (first was one of several chimney sweeps) the people started showing up... in droves.. everything from gardeners to piano movers to fish mongers , so many that every office in town had to be sent to Berners Street and the roads were jammed for several blocks.. all for a laugh

Steadmund Brand
                            thanks. a little more than ordering a pizza to someones house. lol

Comment

In 1809 Theodore Hook bet a friend that within one week he could make any house in London the most famous and talked about place in the city.. he picked 54 Berners Street.. then he wrote thousands of letters ordering items and requesting service and what not for November 27th... then starting at 5 am (first was one of several chimney sweeps) the people started showing up... in droves.. everything from gardeners to piano movers to fish mongers , so many that every office in town had to be sent to Berners Street and the roads were jammed for several blocks.. all for a laugh

Steadmund Brand
                              Must have cost him a fortune.
                              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• It’s a wonder Beadle didn’t emulate that one
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Working...
                                X