Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should We Consider John Kelly As A Suspect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John

Hello Bridewell. Thanks.

"Haven't a clue!"

Nor yet I.

"I just thought it worthwhile starting a thread, in view of the direction the other one was taking."

Oh, quite worthwhile. Thanks.

"For the record, I'm not a Kellyerian (?), just a devil's advocate!"

Well, I don't suspect John of killing Kate (of course, I could hit you with two pieces of information that might cause you to sit up and take notice); but, I do believe he knew who did and wished not to end up like Kate.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
      Hi Bridewell

There was the couple who worked in the same hopfield and gave them the pawn ticket in the name of Emily Burrell. The couple returned with them as far as Maidstone, turning off for Chatham.
      Hi Jon,

I think it was Birrell, but I take the point. What was the source for the explanation as to how Kate came to be in possession of the pawn ticket though? John Kelly?

Lynn,

I am with you in the belief that there was some significance to the facial injuries to Eddowes. i think the ear damage, minor as it was, was perhaps accidental, but the eyes, nose & mouth looks to have had a purpose.

What about the significance of the remark attributed to her, when she said she thought she knew the identity of the killer, and the Superintendent of the Casual Ward allegedly warned her to be careful the murder didn't get her:

"Oh, no fear of that!"

The story is an uncorroborated press report & has to be treated with caution but, if she said it, why did she feel justified in her misplaced confidence that she would not fall victim to the Ripper?

Regards, Bridewell.
      I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

"Oh, no fear of that!"

The story is an uncorroborated press report & has to be treated with caution but, if she said it, why did she feel justified in her misplaced confidence that she would not fall victim to the Ripper?
        I always thought simple cockney bravura!

Dave

Comment

saga

Hello Bridewell.

"I am with you in the belief that there was some significance to the facial injuries to Eddowes. I think the ear damage, minor as it was, was perhaps accidental, but the eyes, nose & mouth looks to have had a purpose.'

Thank you. Yes, looks purposive to me.

"What about the significance of the remark attributed to her, when she said she thought she knew the identity of the killer, and the Superintendent of the Casual Ward allegedly warned her to be careful the murder didn't get her:

"Oh, no fear of that!"

The story is an uncorroborated press report & has to be treated with caution but, if she said it, why did she feel justified in her misplaced confidence that she would not fall victim to the Ripper?"

Well, as you say, it is a press report and sounds apocryphal. If true, it may indicate:

1. that she really DID stay in a casual ward after all.

2. that she was flippant towards the killer.

Again, there seems MUCH more to the John and Kate saga than meets the eye.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

Hi Bridewell

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
            What was the source for the explanation as to how Kate came to be in possession of the pawn ticket though? John Kelly?
            It was through Kelly. But his story of been out of town is easily corroborated as we also know he bought his new boots at Arthur Pash`s in Maidstone High St, and Eddowes bought a jacket from Mr Edmett`s nearby Pawnbroker.

Mr Pash`s daughter was a friend of Walter Sickert.
            Last edited by Jon Guy; 04-07-2012, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Here`s a pic of Maidstone High St. Pash`s shoe shop can be seen on the right.
              Attached Files

Comment

Cracking good pic Jon...probably the colouring process but there's a remarkable almost 3D effect, to my poor old eyes anyhow!

Dave

Comment

I know what you mean about the 3D effect, Dave & thanks Jon for publishing such an interesting picture to illustrate the point made.

Regards, Bridewell.
                  I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Working...
                  X