Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing myself

Hi all,

This is my first post on Casebook, just to say hello. I'm Matt, I live in London in the UK, and I've been interested in this case since the late 1980s when I was a child and read Daniel Farson's book.

More recently, I've been working my way through the Rippercast (currently listening to The Ripper Scribes episode), which is a really interesting way to get many different perspectives on the case.

One of the aspects of the case that most interests me is the Alice McKenzie murder in 1889. Having read various source books - Sugden, Begg, the A to Z - I'm still unclear why McKenzie (whose wounds were, after all, more extensive than Stride's) is generally excluded from this series of murders, whereas there is an increasing trend to include Tabram, despite the significant differences from the other attacks.

I look forward to participating in discussion in the future.

Matt

Hi Matt

Welcome to the Boards. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Comment

Hi. I'm also brand spanking new on here but have been an occasional board reader for many years. My interest lies a bit more in the theories built around the case than the case itself. Back in the 90s I'd started early work on a documentary about Ripperology... Then found myself drawn into it so much that I knew it would be impossible to finish. I still go back every couple years and the process repeats.
      I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Michael View Post
        Hi all,

This is my first post on Casebook, just to say hello. I'm Matt, I live in London in the UK, and I've been interested in this case since the late 1980s when I was a child and read Daniel Farson's book.

More recently, I've been working my way through the Rippercast (currently listening to The Ripper Scribes episode), which is a really interesting way to get many different perspectives on the case.

One of the aspects of the case that most interests me is the Alice McKenzie murder in 1889. Having read various source books - Sugden, Begg, the A to Z - I'm still unclear why McKenzie (whose wounds were, after all, more extensive than Stride's) is generally excluded from this series of murders, whereas there is an increasing trend to include Tabram, despite the significant differences from the other attacks.

Matt

Welcome Matt.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post
          Hi. I'm also brand spanking new on here but have been an occasional board reader for many years. My interest lies a bit more in the theories built around the case than the case itself. Back in the 90s I'd started early work on a documentary about Ripperology... Then found myself drawn into it so much that I knew it would be impossible to finish. I still go back every couple years and the process repeats.
          G'day Shag

I've already said welcome on another thread, but welcome again.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Welcome to all the newbies you will find this site fun the members are very friendly and are very flexible and open to new ideas and theories concerning this most fascinating case
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Hi Matt,

Welcome and I'm glad you enjoy our little show.

All the best,

JM

Comment

Matt Michael and Shaggyrand.. .welcome welcome!! just remember, Pub Talk is where the cool kids hang out!!

Steadmund Brand
                "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                  Matt Michael and Shaggyrand.. .welcome welcome!! just remember, Pub Talk is where the cool kids hang out!!

Steadmund Brand
                  And we let astray hang because we feel sorry for him
                  G U T

Comment

Hi all,

Matt
                    Hi Matt
                    Welcome!
                    Ive come to the conclusion that McKenzie is a ripper victim.

For many similar reasons to the rest-but the clincher for me is she was found lying on her back with the skirt pushed up(along with the abdominal wounds of course). Same reason why I include Tabram. so Ive got 7 probable/definite ripper victims-Tabram, C5 and Mckenzie.

I think people tend to discount Mckenzie, because she was several months out after the most brutal attack on mary Kelly-who most people see as a grand finale.

Comment

puzzling

Hello Matt. Welcome to the boards. Hope you enjoy your time.

I am NEVER puzzled about NOT including Alice. What DOES puzzle me is the inclusion of a few others.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Matt

Comment

Working...
                        X