An important discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not even with the ex

Sorry, darlins, I don't share the Churchill bottles. Anything else, yes, especially with the Escape Committee
    From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
    "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemary View Post
      Sorry, darlins, I don't share the Churchill bottles. Anything else, yes, especially with the Escape Committee
      Anything else? Well, we'll keep that in mind

Slow down on the boozing, 2016 just started
      “If I cannot bend heaven, I will raise hell.”

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
        Pierre

this is the problem all the time:
        You discount evidence, in this case the letter of the 24th because it does not fit your theory.

you accept the 29th inst. letter because it does.

you are Cherry picking the available evidence to fit your theory, you do it all the time.
        You dismiss anything which does not fit your opinion.
        That is not a scientific approach .
        Yep exactly what he does.

Not only not scientific but not historic research.

Though note that the fields he claims to be qualified in aren't scientific fields, but social sciences.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

in case you have missed it another thread just appeared

Comment

Originally posted by JadenCollins View Post

Many more threads from Pierre and slowing "down on the boozing" is going to become a serious problem for me. Speeding up on the other hand...

Comment

Rosemary my dear, does Trollierres BS make more sense when you're shall I say little buy Franz Liszt.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Primary source: the original source/evidence, provide first-hand accounts of documents. For instance, the Dear Boss letter.
                Secondary source: documents( analyses of the primary source ) they're written after an event has occurred, provide second-hand accounts of that document, event whatsoever.

As far as I know, Pierre has no primary sources, because someone has already written them down, meaning > all secondary sources! I mean we "hobbyists" all have secondary sources, books/documents/pictures that have been written, analyzed by a Primiary researcher. And good old Pierre's definitely not a primary researcher. His so called theory is actually based on someone else's study.

Sorry GUT, as a history student, I had too.
                Gee thanks Jaden.

I wanted an explanation from the great historian himself.
                G U T

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                  The interesting thing with Pierre, is how often he says the same thing over and over again without presenting any evidence to back himself.
                  Its almost like the child who says something time and time again, louder and louder and thinks that makes what they say true.

There is no ability to understand evidence from sources other than his chosen ones shown.

This can all be annoying, but we are adults and can deal with it.

However, you will tell him a something, give the source to back what you say up.

He then will ask time and time again, what is the source for this. dispite it having already been given.

From what I can see
                  All of us give him the answer EVERYTIME he asks.

If I am wrong i will happily say so.

Yet he will ask again, its almost like he thinks our answer will change.

In general if I make a mistake, I will say so and put my hands up and apologise..

so different from Pierre himself, who rarely answers questions, obviously he considers answering below him.

now that is ANNOYING.

Steve

steve
                  But some of his cheer squad say he is taking us forward.

Sheesh this joint is getting wired.

Not enough to have old Trollierre and his barrows of BS but he is gaining some acolytes.
                  G U T

Comment

Originally posted by John G View Post
                    Hi Steve,

Yes, that's the problem. Pierre asserts that he's a crimonologist/ sociologist/ historian but he refuses to reveal any of his research or cite any sources.

And isn't strange that an academic historian would wish to debate an incomplete theory that has yet to be published?

By the way, I'm still waiting for him to respond to my request to supply academic texts that he has published. Strangely enough, I'm not very hopeful of getting a satisfactory response any time soon!
                    Don't hold your breath while you wait John. might not be good for your health.
                    G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      Gee thanks Jaden.

I wanted an explanation from the great historian himself.
                      Gee, I'm sorry for spoiling it.

Comment

Many more threads from Pierre and slowing "down on the boozing" is going to become a serious problem for me. Speeding up on the other hand...
                        the more pointless threads, the more booze, can't deal with this sober

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                          Don't hold your breath while you wait John. might not be good for your health.
                          I'm beginning to think that "Pierre" generally isn't good for my health!

Comment

the more pointless threads, the more booze, can't deal with this sober
                            Yes, my plans for a "dry January" have certainly encountered a major setback! In fact, much more of this and I'm going to have to seriously consider therapy, or maybe a few weeks respite in a sanitorium!
                            Last edited by John G; 01-02-2016, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Yes, my plans for a "dry January" have certainly encountered a major setback!
                              New Years Resolutions go down the drain!
                              Pierre will be the reason why many will end up in the AA, next stop might be rehab!

I understand John, getting over Sophie isn't easy, she was a keeper

Comment

Alcohol she meant

Too old for the rest of the naughty. I share champagne, just not the PR Churchill. After the aforementioned, was it 33? threads, I do need to speed up the drinking. It's just the head banging hurts in the morning.
                                From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
                                "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

Working...
                                X