• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book

Suzi after you!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
      John Gaspard is a good guy and is very serious about his work, unlike many hacks in Ripperology. Although his 'free' copies are spoken for, that doesn't mean the book isn't available for sale with good ol' fashioned currency. It's been on the front page of Casebook for a couple weeks now.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
      For once I find myself agreeing with Tom. John Gaspard offered me a free copy of his work and it is a exciting tour de force that I would recommend to anyone wanting to dip their toes into a bit of ripper fiction.

Regards Mike

Comment

Wow

Wow. Thanks, Mike, for your kind words. It was a labor of love.

Comment

Aw, would've loved a free copy, I've been dying to read your book. I'll have to wait a good couple of weeks before buying it. I'll review it as soon as I finish reading it.

I've heard a lot of good things about it. Congrats.
          Scarlett (2010) (Completed)

Witness a modernized retelling of London's most gruesome mutilation, the murder of Mary Jane Kelly at the hands of the notorious serial killer, Jack the Ripper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw59rvBDUGs - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7trM64vWkLQ - Part 2

Comment

Thanks!

Sorry I don't have more free copies -- only had a limited number of free copies to give away.

JG

Comment

John,

At this juncture, I recommend you begin giving away copies of other authors' books. I have a list ready to go.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Here's my review ;

Famous mystery novelist Barbara Thomas -- who has once again topped the best-seller lists, this time with a new, nonfiction book she claims reveals, once and for all, the true identity of Jack the Ripper -- is paired with legendary Ripperologist Henry McHugh, a renowned and beloved expert in the field.

Brought together by an eager police detective, the two rivals must put aside their differences long enough to piece together the identity of a killer who has ingeniously recreated Jack the Ripper's first murder -- and looks to be well on his way to re-committing the next four.

With wit and suspense -- and set against the backdrop of the fascinating subculture of Ripperologists -- the story takes equal stabs at the disparate worlds of publishing, Ripper studies, fan conventions, and Internet chatrooms, as our two unlikely heroes employ their (often contrary) knowledge of a 120-year-old phantom to hunt down a modern killer. Recommended.

OK, where's my free copy?

Comment

Thanks. I couldn't have said it better if I had written it myself. Oh, wait, I did write that.

However, the inclusion of the word "Recommended" is brilliant.
                  Last edited by jgaspard; 11-24-2009, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I felt I should earn the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                      Here's my review ;

Famous mystery novelist Barbara Thomas -- who has once again topped the best-seller lists, this time with a new, nonfiction book she claims reveals, once and for all, the true identity of Jack the Ripper -- is paired with legendary Ripperologist Henry McHugh, a renowned and beloved expert in the field.

Brought together by an eager police detective, the two rivals must put aside their differences long enough to piece together the identity of a killer who has ingeniously recreated Jack the Ripper's first murder -- and looks to be well on his way to re-committing the next four.

With wit and suspense -- and set against the backdrop of the fascinating subculture of Ripperologists -- the story takes equal stabs at the disparate worlds of publishing, Ripper studies, fan conventions, and Internet chatrooms, as our two unlikely heroes employ their (often contrary) knowledge of a 120-year-old phantom to hunt down a modern killer. Recommended.

OK, where's my free copy?
                      When I get mine- will forward it to you!! xx
                      'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Is this another Moley venture, Hanney?

Comment

Gawd no - but it's on it's way and when I get it and have read it!- will mail it to you 'eh xxx (and a Xmas card! )

Is it Tuck time??
                          'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Thank you Hanney - a generous gesture.

You may now have your tea in hall - I believe it is known in the Form as "doorsteps and dishwater."

Do not eat too many comestibles at Christmas, Hanney - such indulgence will have a deleterious effect upon your performance at football.

HSQ, MA

Comment

Originally posted by Robert
                              Famous mystery novelist Barbara Thomas -- who has once again topped the best-seller lists, this time with a new, nonfiction book she claims reveals, once and for all, the true identity of Jack the Ripper
                              No doubt based on Paul Begg.

Originally posted by Robert
                              is paired with legendary Ripperologist Henry McHugh, a renowned and beloved expert in the field.
                              This description practically screams 'Tom Wescott'. I want 10% royalties from every free book you give away.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Good luck to John with the book, anyway. As long as the detectives aren't Charlie Farley and Piggy Malone, it stands a chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X