Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 2013 Issue

Greetings all,

In the current issue of the WS Journal, the following survey question was answered by 16 Ripper researchers.

Is there a generally accepted perception in the Whitechapel Mysteries in which you have a difficult time in regarding as accurate?

Joe Chetcuti conducted the survey, and he now invites other Ripperologists to share their answer to the question by simply posting it on this thread. Interestingly, all 16 answers given in the WS Journal were different from each other.

As a token of appreciation, the names of the folks who responded in the journal, as well as the names of those who give an answer on this thread, will get placed in a hat and a winner will be drawn at the end of the month. Spiro Dimolianis has kindly offered an e-book copy of his book as the prize. (Jack the Ripper and Black Magic: Victorian Conspiracy Theories, Secret Societies and the Supernatural Mystique of the Whitechapel Murders).

Congratulations goes out to all the writers in the Oct 2013 WS Journal issue for their work. Journals like this keep the juices flowing in Ripperology.

Sincerely,

Mike
    Last edited by mklhawley; 10-06-2013, 02:52 PM.
    The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
    http://www.michaelLhawley.com

one bloke

Hello Mike. Thanks for starting this thread.

If I understand you properly, the big inaccuracy in my mind is the idea that one bloke made away with all five ladies.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

That people on the street knew what time it was, in anything resembling a precise, standardized way.

Comment

Thanks Lynn and Damaso. Any others?

Mike
        The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
        http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

I think I'm with Damaso Marte on this one...it's the one that has always bugged me the most...

All the best

Dave

Comment

That Mary Kelly must have told lies about her past.

That the Dear Boss and Saucy Jack were definitely written by an enterprising journalist.
            I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

That he Torsos must have been by someone else.

Comment

That the Graffiti had no connection to anything.

Mike
                huh?

Comment

That the police were somehow inept.

Comment

That the police were competent throughout the investigation.

Fisherman

Comment

I can't accept that the killer(s) was insane. I'm not arguing he was blissfully normal by any stretch, but lunatics by definition are impaired. And this was not the work of an impaired man.
                      The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

I don't think he lived locally I think he visited the area with the intention of committing murder.
                        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

I also think someone saw him during one of his murders and never came forward to the police.
                          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                            I also think someone saw him during one of his murders and never came forward to the police.
                            Any thoughts on why he or she would do that?
                            I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Or any firm evidence to suggest that this might be the case?

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X