James Blenkinsop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Blenkinsop

Hi I found a James Blenkinsop who lived in London.

Born 1832in Carlisle, James was living in 1851 with his Grandfather William who was a partner in a Cotton Manufacturing Cmpany called Bleckinsop Johnston and Co. in Cumbria.
    James married an Elizabeth Lye in 1853 in St Saviours Church Upper Chelsea.

In 1871 James (an engineer) was living with Elizabeth in Clerkenwell. That same year Elizabeth went into the workhouse in City road on 26th June for one month and then discharged herself.

In 1881 James (engineer) was alone in a lodging house in Saffron Hill. (married)

1888...Holborn Workhouse....

James Blenkinsop 19 Oct 1888 to 19 Oct 1888 Holborn (Sent To Highgate)
    James Blenkinsop 10 May 1889 to 23 May 1889 Holborn (Sent to Mitcham Workhouse)

1891 He is in Cleveland St Asylum

He died in 1893 in St Pancras

This was the only James Blenkinsop living in London that
    I can find.

Pat

That's very interesting. Thanks Pat.
    BTW, I only recently saw your PM to me about Hutchinson which I replied to last week. Sorry for the delay but I read the forums without logging in usually.

Comment

Hi Pat.

Interesting Iinfo.

To me he is always overlooked as just a witness who got his time wrong.

But I wonder sometimes if we are missing something?

One of the reasons why after Bucks Row I am moving onto Mite square in my personal research.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Hi I found a James Blenkinsop who lived in London.

Born 1832in Carlisle, James was living in 1851 with his Grandfather William who was a partner in a Cotton Manufacturing Cmpany called Bleckinsop Johnston and Co. in Cumbria.
        James married an Elizabeth Lye in 1853 in St Saviours Church Upper Chelsea.

In 1871 James (an engineer) was living with Elizabeth in Clerkenwell. That same year Elizabeth went into the workhouse in City road on 26th June for one month and then discharged herself.

In 1881 James (engineer) was alone in a lodging house in Saffron Hill. (married)

1888...Holborn Workhouse....

James Blenkinsop 19 Oct 1888 to 19 Oct 1888 Holborn (Sent To Highgate)
        James Blenkinsop 10 May 1889 to 23 May 1889 Holborn (Sent to Mitcham Workhouse)

1891 He is in Cleveland St Asylum

He died in 1893 in St Pancras

This was the only James Blenkinsop living in London that
        I can find.

Pat
        Two questions Pat.

Do you have a date by month in 91 for entry to the asylum?
        I take it no trace from May 89 until asylum?
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
          Two questions Pat.

Do you have a date by month in 91 for entry to the asylum?
          I take it no trace from May 89 until asylum?
          Steve
          Hi Steve

The 'Cleveland Street Asylum', formerly the Strand Union Workhouse, was a Poor Law Infirmary.

He was admitted to the infirmary on 16th Aug 89, and discharged himself on 27th April 91.

Comment

B
            Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
            Hi Steve

The 'Cleveland Street Asylum', formerly the Strand Union Workhouse, was a Poor Law Infirmary.

He was admitted to the infirmary on 16th Aug 89, and discharged himself on 27th April 91.

http://www.jtrforums.com/showthread.php?t=12153
            Hi Jon

Many thanks.

A few ideas brewing in my mind.
            Won't start to look into them til later in year.

All the best

Steve

Comment

Sorry delay in answering my computer started to play up. Have been all evening trying to sort it out.

Jon Guy.... thanks for the link. I had no idea that Jon Simon had discovered this before. Well done him, but I see it lead nowhere. I could not find any more details online so its good you did...

So he went into City Road workhouse a few weeks after the murder of Catherine Eddowes. The timing is interesting but I'm not sure why...

Thanks for additional details
              Pat....

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Sorry delay in answering my computer started to play up. Have been all evening trying to sort it out.

Jon Guy.... thanks for the link. I had no idea that Jon Simon had discovered this before. Well done him, but I see it lead nowhere. I could not find any more details online so its good you did...

So he went into City Road workhouse a few weeks after the murder of Catherine Eddowes. The timing is interesting but I'm not sure why...

Thanks for additional details
                Pat....
                Pat,

Several possible reasons, but need to think long and hard to see if any are more than just wild ideas.

His release from Asylum in April 91 at is own request is also thought provoking

cheers

steve

Comment

On suspect's return to his brother's house he was watched by police by night and day and the watchman watched them back.

Comment

Working...
                  X