Kidney's "Priors"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kidney's "Priors"

Is there a source which exists of prior arrests of Michael Kidney for domestic abuse?

The reason I ask is because I just reread M.J.Trow's book ( written in 1997 and republished in 1998..) The Many Faces of JTR...at work today and came across a comment Mr. Trow placed in his book which stated that Kidney was known to have slapped Stride around from "time to time" and had a prior arrest record.

I don't remember ever reading any accounts of Kidney's problems with Stride being taken to court and/or if Kidney had issues with any other female he had lived with...or even an arrest for something unrelated to physical abuse of a man or woman.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi Howard,
    just what I found quickly, from Begg (the facts, Robson 2004, p 140):

" On 6 April 1887 Stride accused him [Kidney] of assault - Stride didn't turn up at the Thames Magistrates' Court to carry through the prosecution."

Amitiés,
    David

Comment

Dear DVV:

Thanks for your reply. I was aware of the information you kindly provided, but the point I was trying to make was that Mr. Trow stated that there were prior arrests...aside from this information you mentioned from Mr. B.'s book.

Don't go to any trouble on my behalf,as I am sure that if Kidney was arrested and not merely threatened with action as in the case of Stride a year and a half before she was murdered, we'd have seen it in the 10 years since his book appeared. Mr. Trow may have just made a mistake. No problem...

Merci,Monsieur DVV.

Comment

That's nothing Howard, and I should have guessed you were already aware of the info - if I can call it so!
        You're certainly right, Mr Trow could have made a mistake.
        I just re-read his article in the Mammoth...quite funny...I had almost forgotten his suspect.
        ...particularly enjoyed this question:

"What do we know of Charrington's sexual history?"

...and tits answer:

"Almost nothing, but in Victorian England this is hardly strange."

Amitiés

Comment

Working...
        X