Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where the Hell does this photograph cone from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where the Hell does this photograph cone from?

I did a Google image search for "Kosminski", and found this, of all things:

Though it's probably old-hat to most of the experienced Ripperologists here, I've never seen it before. Is it authentic? Evidently it's elsewhere on the Internet, but not on the Casebook.

A warning: the blog it's linked to is virulently anti-Semitic. Here's a taste:

Ghastly shochetim surgical cut on the “goy” cattle beast body of one of the Jew Kosminsky’s hapless victims, used to facilitate examination of the internal organs of the deceased, just as the internal organs of animals offered to Jehovah God were separated by the priests in Israel in ancient times.
    Read at your own risk.

Last edited by Defective Detective; 12-01-2015, 02:35 AM.

Could be Kate, but I think it's a mock up, ever seen it before.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Seems strange that it's anti Semitic but uses a word like "goy"
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
        Could be Kate, but I think it's a mock up, ever seen it before.
        It's certainly possible. The inside of the face, where the exposed skull should be, has a vaguely metallic sheen.

It's really good if it is a mock-up, though.

Here's a thread on another forum citing this photo together with the authentic victim photographs. A cursory reverse image search shows that it's definitely a 'known quantity', as it were, with quite a few sites referencing it as Mary Jane Kelly. Unfortunately, none of those sites are reputable Ripper sites.
        Last edited by Defective Detective; 12-01-2015, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Apart from the breasts being (seemingly) intact, there is nothing over the right arm (no chemise sleeve/whatever). I know the word "goy" but I'm not jewish.

Best wishes
          C4

Comment

Originally posted by curious4 View Post
            Apart from the breasts being (seemingly) intact, there is nothing over the right arm (no chemise sleeve/whatever). I know the word "goy" but I'm not jewish.

Best wishes
            C4
            Eddowes misidentified as Kelly, p'raps?

Comment

But we've all seen those postmortem photos of Eddowes and this photo doesn't resemble them. The face there with those horrific slashes around the mouth and nicks near the eyes, sunken breasts etc look very different to this person. Plus Eddowes' arms are skinny.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                But we've all seen those postmortem photos of Eddowes and this photo doesn't resemble them. The face there with those horrific slashes around the mouth and nicks near the eyes, sunken breasts etc look very different to this person. Plus Eddowes' arms are skinny.
                Well, ****, you got me then. It's either a mock-up/hoax (a realistic-looking fake, but not one resembling any of the canonicals) or a photo from an unrelated, but Ripper-like, murder.

The face in this picture does remind me a great deal of Kelly's, but obviously it can't be her, given the presence of breasts. Did any of the known noncanonicals have a mutilated face?

Comment

Originally posted by Defective Detective View Post
                  Well, ****, you got me then. It's either a mock-up/hoax (a realistic-looking fake, but not one resembling any of the canonicals) or a photo from an unrelated, but Ripper-like, murder.

The face in this picture does remind me a great deal of Kelly's, but obviously it can't be her, given the presence of breasts. Did any of the known noncanonicals have a mutilated face?
                  Nope

C4

Comment

I think it is a more modern picture, possibly from the thirties or forties. Or possibly a model with makeup-- maybe a still from some old film. Doubt it is related to the Ripper.
                    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                    ---------------
                    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                    ---------------

Comment

It certainly doesn't look real to me. Was there ever an explicit and gory Ripper exhibit at Tussaud's or some other wax-works, I wonder?

Graham
                      We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Meh. Looks doctored.
                        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

I think it's real, insomuch that it's an actual murder victim, just not a Ripper one. The facial mutilations look Mary Kelly-esque whereas the abdominal wounds are more like those inflicted on Eddowes. I can see how it might be enough to fool casual audiences.

I tried reverse image searching the pic but it only pulled up more of the same Kosminski stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                            I think it is a more modern picture, possibly from the thirties or forties. Or possibly a model with makeup-- maybe a still from some old film. Doubt it is related to the Ripper.
                            I have seen photos similar to this from the liberation of concentration camps. Both photos taken by liberating soldiers and photos from film left behind when the Nazi's fled. Bless the little hearts of the guys at first light forum, but their information is usually so corrupted and twisted that they probably posted a picture of a victim of the Nazis and ascribed the act to a Jew. They certainly had no problems with doing that to a victim of the KGB roundups.

If the photo shows up elsewhere on google, then it's a known image that can potentially be identified. If not it's in the private collection of the author of the article. Which is also not uncommon for those boys.
                            The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

reverse image search

The only non JtR websites where this picture appears are Russian real gore fans (Oh dear God...) and Asian crime scenes.

Now I need a drink...
                              Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
                              - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Working...
                              X