Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitechapel Society 1888

Hallo All you budding Authors!
    Those of you wishing to flex your imaginations should head to www.whitechapelsociety.com and check out the new Short Story competition we have started. Open to members and non-members alike it has a prize of £100 so click along and check out how to enter!

Alan
    Publicity Officer

WS1888 Short Story Competition

The Whitechapel Society Short Story competition offers every entrant a chance to win £100. What are you waiting for?

- The entry must be a story centred around the Whitechapel murders.

- Must be c.3000 words (or under).

- The winner will get £100 and will get published.

- All entries must be submitted by 3rd October 2009.

- Entry is only £5.

- The competition will be judged by the award winning author, Brian L. Porter.

What is there not to like? You have the chance to turn £5 into £100 - with returns like that you should be working for RBS!!

More details: www.whitechapelsociety.com

ADRIAN.
    (Editor: Whitechapel Society Journal.)
    Hello

Comment

Not sure where to post this but got my first copy of the journal today and I was thrilled with it!! Thanks so much. Now composing my story!!
      In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Hallo
        Superb meeting in the Aldgate Exchange last saturday and a brilliant presentation by Yasha on the Freemasons so for those that missed it sorry!
        Remember the next meeting on the first saturday in October is the big Jeremy Beadle lecture so come on come all as proceeds will be going to Jeremy's charity Children with Luekemia

Alan

Comment

Yasha was absolutely great. A superb presentation (and, in case anyone was wondering, it wasn't too deep to understand and he certainly doesn't believe any of the nonsense put about over the last few decades) and he tolerated a barrage from de Locksley with gentlemanly conduct.

The photo de Locksley showed of his Masonic meeting is a true classic and I shall never forget it. Needless to say, it included one of his friends in a wizard's costume with pointy hat and moons and stars all over his cloak. Seriously.

PHILIP
          Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
            Yasha was absolutely great. A superb presentation (and, in case anyone was wondering, it wasn't too deep to understand and he certainly doesn't believe any of the nonsense put about over the last few decades) and he tolerated a barrage from de Locksley with gentlemanly conduct.

The photo de Locksley showed of his Masonic meeting is a true classic and I shall never forget it. Needless to say, it included one of his friends in a wizard's costume with pointy hat and moons and stars all over his cloak. Seriously.

PHILIP
            email it to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Adrian took a photo but I don't have one. Adrian?

PHILIP
              Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

One of the highlights was when raffle ticket number 666 came out of the hat and was claimed by - you guessed it - de Lockedup. What a card that man is - four of clubs probably, the devil's bedposts.

And yes, Yasha is a terrific speaker and really nice bloke - and a bridge player to boot. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the game as my parents met at a bridge club in the 1940s.

Love,

Caz
                X
                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Caz, I'm glad your parents found a fit in hearts.

Couples who partner each other can get a bit - um - argumentative, though.

Comment

You can say that again, Robert. While my parents rarely had a cross word with each other, on or off the card table (my father liked a quiet life ), my first hubby gave me a black eye once for playing the wrong card during a game of bridge with friends - and I didn't give him the chance to do it a second time.

Love,

Caz
                    X

Comment

Blimey, Caz, my commiserations. Apart from its being cruel, I'm sure there must be some rule that prohibits thumping one's partner.

Comment

I think it's called one-no-thumps, Robert.

Love,

Caz
                        X

Comment

Touche!

Comment

Don't Forget everyone you only have a month to complete your entries for the Whitechapel Society Short Story Competition so hurry up and bring your jukebox money!! (sorry slipped into the B52's then) Hurry up and complete them and get them in to the judges soon!

Yours in perpituerty-whatever that means

Alan

Comment

He he
                              Perpetuity even!!!! When's the closing date Alan???
                              'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Working...
                              X