This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfie1 View Post
    The author should provide DNA evidence from several individuals, not simply one anonymous young person. I know of several indirect family members of Kosminski in Aus, who have never been asked to provide DNA by any Ripperologists, Doctors, Police, Etc. Source additional DNA from several Eddowes desc and then sign off by independent Professionals. Only then will a match be proved, and even then only one murder can be solved.
    Sorry Wolfie

Even that wouldn't do it for me, want more proof on the shawl.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
      But we all know the Ripper was neither Jewish, nor clinically insane.
      I believe you are jumping the gun a tad old man

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
        Sorry Wolfie

Even that wouldn't do it for me, want more proof on the shawl.
        Mitocondrial DNA is secondary

From FBI Website

"The maternal inheritance of mtDNA allows scientists to compare the mtDNA profile from the evidence (hairs, bones, etc.) to that of reference samples from the individual; the individuals mother, brother(s), sister(s); or any other maternally related family member. These samples should have the same mtDNA profiles because all maternal relatives inherit the same mtDNA. Since mtDNA is maternally inherited and multiple individuals can have the same mtDNA type, unique identifications are not possible using mtDNA analyses"

According to Cornwells experts in 1901 the population of England was 40 million of which 1 in 400.000 would have likely to have the same mitocondrial DNA

Primary DNA matches are one in a billion
        Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 09-06-2014, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Observer View Post
          I believe you are jumping the gun a tad old man
          Might as well have some fun while we're here.

Comment

And as for his idea that the ripper left the shawl at the scene of the crime as a clue????????
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

And as for his idea that the ripper left the shawl at the scene of the crime as a clue????????
              What is interesting is the fact that he also had the time for a wank in Mitre Square.

Joking. I know, I know, he had a wank while walking from Berner Street to Mitre Square.
              Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
              - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

I think we might be able to pick holes in the back story concerning this shawl how ever and its a big however if that shawl contains eddowes DNA and kosminskis DNA then I think we can't argue against this scientific fact.
                Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                  I think we might be able to pick holes in the back story concerning this shawl how ever and its a big however if that shawl contains eddowes DNA and kosminskis DNA then I think we can't argue against this scientific fact.
                  Scientific fact hmmmmmmmm ? read post 18

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                    The same thing was used to "prove" Crippen "innocent" a few years ago.

Isn't it nice though that most everybody here can finally agree on something.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                      Hi Trevor,surely a one fourhundred thousand is good enough espcially when we have had suspects proposed with no evidence at all its not as though we are been shown another diary from Liverpool.
                      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Shawl and Semen

Perhaps, Kosminski and Eddowes had time to conduct business, using the shawl as a cover, or blanket or wipe to clean off, and then he brutally killed her.
                        the Shawl was expensive at the time, Eddowes would not have the means to purchase the shawl, more so at the expense of food and lodging for herself. The Shawl may have been a gift from a punter, or used as bait by the killer as a "come look at this lovely shawl", kind of thing..., look at what I can afford to pay for your kind services as a sex worker.

Comment

Yes. Kosminski was a hairdresser, probably the type to wear a woman's shawl. I know hairdresser's can be quite dangerous, one made a real mess of my wife's hair sometime back.

Comment

The jury is out

One thing is certain here in the u.k, the story is gathering moss and has been picked up by some other national newspapers , so expect it to grow over the next few days.

The question or questions that need answering are
                            1 Beyond reasonable doubt did this shawl belong to or was in the possession of Catherine eddowes

2 can the findings of the D.N.A be accepted by the scientific world as accurate as is claimed.

If so in my opinion then that is fact and case closed for me.

Regarding hiding of the shawl by the owner ,I would of done exactly the same if I was him.
                            This story and revalation is or could be the breakthrough to finally solve the case.
                            However if and only if the scientific world comfirm the findings.

The sceptics will point to the fact, there's a book I'm them there hills.
                            Last edited by paul g; 09-06-2014, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Clue.

What is the author or owner meaning by his statement that the shawl was left by the ripper as a clue.
                              If so the clue was not a very good clue,they never caught him.
                              How would the owner no the shawl was left as a clue. Has that been stated anywhere, surely the claim of left as a clue is journalistic sensationalism and can't be taken as fact.

Comment

Originally posted by paul g View Post
                                What is the author or owner meaning by his statement that the shawl was left by the ripper as a clue.
                                If so the clue was not a very good clue,they never caught him.
                                How would the owner no the shawl was left as a clue. Has that been stated anywhere, surely the claim of left as a clue is journalistic sensationalism and can't be taken as fact.
                                I think that his claim that it was left as a clue is based on the fact that it is far too good quality to have been Eddow's.

Now Casebook has a dsertation that says

Amos Simpson was born in 1847 at Acton, Sudbury, Suffolk. He joined the Metropolitan Police in 1868 and was posted to Y Division (Kentish Town). In 1881 he was promoted to Acting Sergeant and in 1886 he was posted N Division (Islington). At its Southern point N Division is very close to the City boundary and Mitre Square. Simpson retired sometime around 1893 and he died on 10th April 1917 at Barrow Hill, Acton.

A family tradition has it that Simpson was on "Special Duties" with two or three other men and was the first policeman to find Catharine Eddowes' body. He is also supposed to have found her shawl which he picked up and kept. This shawl is now in Scotland Yard's Black Museum having been placed there by Simpson's great great nephew. It is a silk screen printed shawl with a dark green background, brown edges and a pattern of flowers on it. This sounds quite like Eddowes' dress which the East London Observer (10 Oct 1888) described as "made of green chintz, the pattern consisting of Michaelmas daises". A section of the shawl has been cut out, reputedly because it was blood-stained. Southeby's were asked to give a date for the shawl and they guessed that it was made around about the early 1900's but said that dating such things was difficult. Simpson being on "Special Duties" with two or three others is similar to what White said and Simpson could have been the officer who White said found Eddowes' body. However, if we look at the timing of events that night there is a problem.
                                Now,assuming the above is correct, are they the same shawl?
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X