Ive been a lucky boy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Doris,

I too am interested by Zodiac. Those "cryptagrams" are nonsense. Not worth the paper they are printed on.

I think his need for attention to be most interesting. The "Black Dahlia", Gilles de Rais, Colonial parkway killer(because I used to live a mile from colonial parkway[virginia]), "Jack the Stripper" and many other cases interest me.

If I had to list them all they would number in the hundreds.

Yours truly

p.s I dont know. I have not looked at that case too much.
    Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
      Yep.

I know the feeling.
      Thanks for the price info, and its good to know Iam not alone.

Like therapy group meetings!

doris
      ..."(this is my literary discovery and is copyright protected)"...

Comment

Hi doris,

Why do you think we are all here then? We all suffer from CRS. Thats what we all have in common. Thats all too.
        Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Originally posted by corey123 View Post
          Hi Doris,

I too am interested by Zodiac. Those "cryptagrams" are nonsense. Not worth the paper they are printed on.

I think his need for attention to be most interesting. The "Black Dahlia", Gilles de Rais, Colonial parkway killer(because I used to live a mile from colonial parkway[virginia]), "Jack the Stripper" and many other cases interest me.

If I had to list them all they would number in the hundreds.

Yours truly

p.s I dont know. I have not looked at that case too much.
          Have a look corey

do you think first and last names, and body locations could all have the same initial by coincidence.

I have the maths somewhere that I worked out and it is very, very unlikely.

doris

off the top of my head is it not 1 out of 26 to the power of 3?

Oh no, both names started with same letter, and they are in sequence cannot be bothered to work it out.

I too am interested in black dahlia, I remeber being intrigued by namne simmilarities with another famous previous murderer, whose name I have disremebered
          Last edited by doris; 03-01-2010, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Hi Doris,

Nothing out of the ordinary besides the name. He was, no doubt a person suffereing from OCD.

The locatons? I don't think so, possibaly.

Yes, the "Black dahlia" is very interesting.

Yours truly
            Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Edition: First Edition Binding: Hardcover Publisher: Hutchinson & Co., Ltd., London Date published: 1928

Description: Good/No Jacket. Used First edition of 1928, with 10 illustrations and 5 diagrams on plates. Red cloth boards, worn and scratched, starting to split on edges of spine. Spine faded. Front hinge cracked, FEP cut away, and plates for the most part loose but still present. Some loose pages worn on edges; contents otherwise clean and sound throughout.

Is the above book worth 140 pounds? Please.

doris

Comment

Doris,

I would say its up to you. To me, no, not really, but perhaps worth a read, if it was cheaper.
                Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Doris. Come on. If you're going to be a collector, the first thing you have to know is when you're being taken. A 1st, in that condition, is way over-priced. Wait.
                  If you just want to read the text, buy a scruffy paperback edition for a couple of quid.

Comment

hiya folks,

sorry I have been so long responding.
                    I have been reading, reading and reading some more.

Maurice, thanks for the advice aboot that Matters first ed. My only interest in it was from a collectors viewpoint, ill give it a miss then!

I have had even more to read of late, I told the charity shop where my interests lay and they called me a couple of days ago and told me they had a few books I may like. I popped in to see them and they had the following for 3 quid.

Dark truths - dr kurz
                    The serial killers-Colin wilson and donald seaman
                    Britain and the world in the 19th century- tull and bulwer
                    fred and rose-howard sounes

I have really enjoyed reading them, what a splendid charity shope eh?
                    One that keeps books that I may like and then telephones me when they have a few.

Iam on my fifth notebook now, and my slumbers are filled with horrific images.

I always thought that Donald Rumbelow was supposed to be a reliable JTR source. But his book is stuffed with mistakes. According to him MJK was gravid, AC was found with her rings and farthings, and many many more errors.

It is almost as interesting learning about the history of JTR myths as it is learning about JTR.

Cheerio chums

Doris

Comment

Working...
                    X