Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York Ripper Murders?

Hello Ripperologists!!!

Is there any source of information online or in printed form, that accounts for the "Ripper Murders" in New York City other than the Murder of Carrie Brown?

Any information provided by this amazing online community would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again!!!
    TSP

"The American Murders of Jack the Ripper" by R. Michael Grodon, 2003,

It covers the deaths of Carrie Brown, Hannah Robinson, Elizabeth Senior and Mary Anderson.

The books fingers Klosowski as the killer.

Try looking for the names mentioned above, and search the "Press Reports" in the side bar <---------
    Regards Mike

Comment

Yes, that book came to my mind yesterday but I wasn't sure of the name. I also read a book a long time ago by Robert Graysmith that targets an American JtR but I don't recall if he went detailed in the New York killings. Some help I am.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Just picked up the 'American Murders' book for £4.00 on Ebay. Everywhre else seemed to be charging lots of money for it.
        Best regards,
        Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
          "The American Murders of Jack the Ripper" by R. Michael Grodon, 2003,

It covers the deaths of Carrie Brown, Hannah Robinson, Elizabeth Senior and Mary Anderson.

The books fingers Klosowski as the killer.

Try looking for the names mentioned above, and search the "Press Reports" in the side bar <---------

Is it seriously considered that Jack went to New York after his time in Whitechapel?

Do the American attacks/victims bear any connection to those in England?

I'm not convinced that Klosowski was Jack, I'm basing this purely on his known MO of poisoning.

For the first time, the American murders of Jack the Ripper are revealed in the 1891 and 1892 crimes of Severin Klosowski (a.k.a. George Chapman, the Borough Poisoner), a prime suspect in the Ripper case. After his narrow escape from Scotland Yard, the killer would travel to the New York City area where four high-profile murders took place soon after his arrival. With Victorian era New York as his backdrop, Gordon recounts the gruesome scenes. He also details Klosowski's subsequent return to England where he would eventually be convicted and executed for another murder spree-with poison as his weapon of choice. Readers will learn about these unknown Ripper victims: Carrie Brown, an aging prostitute who was brutally slashed and mutilated; Hannah Robinson, a servant girl who was strangled to death; 73-year-old Elizabeth Senior, who struggled bravely against an intruder who stabbed her multiple times in her New Jersey home; and Herta Mary Anderson, a teenaged New Jersey hotel maid, found dead from a bullet wound and cut throat. How could the Ripper evade capture so easily? Why did the American connection remain hidden for so long?

Comment

Just reading that brief paragraph again. I can't see any connections whatsoever that links the victims to the same killer let alone Jack. Granted Carrie Brown does bear the hallmarks of Jack. But putting all that aside, I find it very doubtful that Chapman murdered these women let alone could be considered as a real contender for being Jack.

Comment

Working...
            X