No announcement yet.

Was Stride Killed Because Of Eddowes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to propose a theory I don't believe for a second, but here goes.

Some people love their work enough to pursue it in their off time. Jack could have been paid to kill Eddowes, and that triggered a desire to to do one his way.

It has happened once that I know of. During the holocaust. Which has it's own attendant problems for identifying a serial killer. So it's a lousy example but it's the only one I have. Assassins typically are seen with a bizarre code of honor where they only kill for money. That's not always true. And there are only a couple of types of serial killers who could exercise that kind of control.

But with what you are talking about, this is the only way I can think of where one man murdered two women, but the two murders are not connected. The only other option is self defense, but neither of the murders even remotely resemble a defensive killing.

Either it's not the same killer, the two murders are related, or one is a hit and one is a hobby.
    The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
      I'm going to propose a theory I don't believe for a second, but here goes.

Some people love their work enough to pursue it in their off time. Jack could have been paid to kill Eddowes, and that triggered a desire to to do one his way.

It has happened once that I know of. During the holocaust. Which has it's own attendant problems for identifying a serial killer. So it's a lousy example but it's the only one I have. Assassins typically are seen with a bizarre code of honor where they only kill for money. That's not always true. And there are only a couple of types of serial killers who could exercise that kind of control.

But with what you are talking about, this is the only way I can think of where one man murdered two women, but the two murders are not connected. The only other option is self defense, but neither of the murders even remotely resemble a defensive killing.

Either it's not the same killer, the two murders are related, or one is a hit and one is a hobby.
      Did you mean paid to kill stride?
      "Is all that we see or seem
      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
      X