Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
    Hi All,

Pens down, boys and girls. Close your books. Pay attention.

Mr. Awesome is here to tell us what's what.

But it's becoming increasingly obvious that Mr. Awesome has not read my book.
    I have now read all three versions of your book Simon.

If, rather than acting mysterious (as usual), you could reveal why you think it is becoming "increasingly obvious" that I haven't read your book, I'm sure I can easily put your mind at rest.

And I see that you have reverted to your childish habit of misspelling the second part of my username; a sure sign that you are rattled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
      David,

How do you deduce that MJK made her living?
      You know what Herlock, I can't work it out, perhaps Simon will explain it to us.

Comment

• Hi David,

Because you would have found the section in my book which deals with Annie Chapman possibly having been carried into the back yard.

I don't recall Amelia Palmer telling the inquest that Annie Chapman was a prostitute. "She used to do crochet work, make antimacassars, and sell flowers."

Also, after careful consideration, I have deduced that I am spelling the second part of your username correctly, as was your intention.

Regards,

Simon
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• As for the notion that I haven't read Simon's book, I produce the below exchange from the "Suicide of Pigott" thread as Exhibit A to show that I have actually read it more carefully than Simon himself:

Simon Wood: as Sir Charles Russell was expecting Pigott to reappear at the Special Commission on Tuesday 26th February 1889, one might have thought that the two Irish police officers, Head Constable Gallagher and Sergeant Faussett, would have done a better job of keeping a watch on him.

David Orsam: Gallagher and Faussett were not were not employed to "keep a watch" on Pigott. They were employed by the Times to stop people interfering with him (at his hotel). They had no instructions to follow him around London, let alone the country. They were not keeping him under 24 hour surveillance as you seem to think (and have said in your book).

Simon Wood:[quoting me]"They were not keeping him under 24 hour surveillance as you seem to think (and have said in your book)."

I wrote no such thing in my book.

David Orsam: So what did you mean in your book when you said that Pigott:

"whilst under twenty-four hour surveillance by two officers from the Royal Irish Constabulary, fled to Madrid"?

Simon Wood: [No comment]

David Orsam: Can I take it that you've abandoned your claim that you "wrote no such thing in your book" when I said that you wrote that Pigott was being kept under 24 hour surveillance by the RUC?

Simon Wood: - yes indeed.

I'd probably had too much Sanatogen.

Comment

• I know that opinion is divided on Tabram but I'm currently reading The Bank Holiday Murders and Ann Morriss, Martha's ex sister-in-law, said she knew Martha to have been "a heavy drinker and a prostitute."
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Because you would have found the section in my book which deals with Annie Chapman possibly having been carried into the back yard.
              Yes, Simon, I'm perfectly aware of that section. Might I suggest that it is you who has not been reading my posts properly?

I haven't denied that you included this in your book. All I have said on the subject was this:

"In view of the evidence of her friend, Ameila Farmer, it doesn't matter for the purpose of this discussion exactly where Annie Chapman was murdered, for she was obviously a prostitute."

Back on the Sanatogen wine this evening are we, Simon?

Comment

• Hi David,

Annie Chapman. Not Richard Pigott.

They're two different people, one of whom was a woman.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Annie Chapman. Not Richard Pigott.

They're two different people, one of whom was a woman.
                  Oh, it looks like you have been hitting the bottle tonight. That post doesn't seem to have any meaning.

Comment

I don't recall Amelia Palmer telling the inquest that Annie Chapman was a prostitute.
                    So perhaps, rather than ignoring my previous post, perhaps you can tell us what you think Ms Farmer meant when she said this about Chapman:

"...she was not very particular what she did to earn a living and at times used to remain out very late at night...the last five years she had been living an irregular life."

Comment

• Hi David,

Not to you, obviously.

And it's early afternoon here.

Amelia Palmer may well have been suggesting that Annie Chapman did late night cleaning.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Amelia Palmer may well have been suggesting that Annie Chapman did late night cleaning.
                        Oh, ha ha!

Do you recall your use of the expression "sublimely ridiculous explanation" in your book?

I think you've demonstrated a far better example than the one you were referring to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                          Dr Phillips didn't think so, according to the Telegraph;

"In your opinion did she enter the yard alive? - I am positive of it. I made a thorough search of the passage, and I saw no trace of blood, which must have been visible had she been taken into the yard."
                          Reckon there is a reasonable case for her being quietly dragged unconscious from the street to the back yard.
                          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Hi David,

I do indeed.

And it was.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Now, here's a rather more complete version of Ms Farmer's inquest evidence than one finds in the Times.

From the Star of 10 September:

"I am afraid deceased used to earn her living partly on the streets. She was a very straightforward woman when she was sober, clever and industrious with her needle; but she could not take much drink without getting intoxicated. She had been living a very irregular life all the time I've known her."

Go on and explain that one away Simon.

Comment

• Hi DJA,

Evening News, 8th September 1888—

“The supposition finds ready acceptance that the poor woman was murdered outside and taken into this yard, by those who knew the place well. This is upheld by the fact that spots of blood are lying thick in the narrow passage leading from the street into the yard, and the blood marks where the body was found must have been caused by its being deposited there, there being no signs of any struggle having taken place in the vicinity.”

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Working...
                                X