A Possible Break in the Beverly Jarosz Murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Possible Break in the Beverly Jarosz Murder

The police apparently think they might finally solve the murder of Beverly Jarosz.

GARFIELD HEIGHTS, Ohio– The Fox 8 I-Team has learned investigators have suspects in a 50-year-old murder case, but need additional information in order to solve the murder of Beverly Jarosz, …

It interests me that they speak of "two prime suspects", as I've never been able to imagine one killer being able to simultaneously strangle and stab the girl, as was undoubtedly done, since there was a fray mark on the cord used to garotte her, caused by a stab to the throat which nicked the cord. During the initial investigation the police had always spoken of a single murderer in this case, but that just never made sense to me. The sash cord used in the murder was just a plain length of rope, with no loops or toggles that could be used to tighten it. If only one man was involved, then he had to have used that cord single-handedly, while he stabbed with the other. The stabbings weren't post-mortem, as the room was absolutely covered in blood. Oddly enough, three cords were left at the scene, two of which had been prepared with loops on the ends, but the plain one was the one used.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index..._50_years.html has a really good summary of the case.

An oddity they don't cover:

There was a hole knocked in the dormer ceiling of Beverly's bedroom, for which no-one could account. Something was odd about the hole, although I've never heard what, and it's not apparent from pictures of the crime scene. The hole bothered one of the detectives enough that he had the police carpentry shop build a replica of the bedroom ceiling so that he could try to duplicate that hole.
    - Ginger

Interested to see if they have cracked it.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

That's funny. It was only the other day that I was trying to remember the name of this case.

Comment

I'm not at all familiar with this case, but article about it was very interesting. What a strange case. I wonder if the hole in her bedroom ceiling indicates a killer who hid in the house? Sounds bizarre, but it has happened outside of thriller movies.
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
          I wonder if the hole in her bedroom ceiling indicates a killer who hid in the house? Sounds bizarre, but it has happened outside of thriller movies.
          I've wondered that myself. The hole looks big enough to let a girl or a slender boy through. Surely, though, if you wanted to lay in wait in someone's bedroom to murder them, wouldn't you be better situated by hiding in the closet or behind the door?
          - Ginger

Comment

Working...
          X