Dorset Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Sam,
    all accounts I read show that after Mitre square's crime, Met and City police were on the same spots (an example is Goulston Street). On the other hand, we have also the story about the Anderson's suspect being watched by the City police on the Met's territory...At last, the border has nothing to compare with the USA/Mexico border...
    Anyway, I don't believe this Dorset Street's bloody sink's story.
    Amitiés,
    D

Comment

I'd add that I was just trying to explain why Smith should have go there (if ever he had, of course).
      It has obviously something to do with the enquiry after the murder, what else?

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
        all accounts I read show that after Mitre square's crime, Met and City police were on the same spots (an example is Goulston Street).
        The accounts you read were correct, Dave. However, the City boys were hot on the trail of a murderer that night, and a vital clue to their case was found just outside the boundary of their jurisdiction - a somewhat unusual state of affairs. We know, from Donald Swanson's surviving report, that house-to-house enquiries in Whitechapel after the night of the "Double Event" were undertaken by the Metropolitan Police - and this practice would almost invariably have been the norm.
        Anyway, I don't believe this Dorset Street's bloody sink's story.
        Vous avez raison, David!
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
        X