No announcement yet.

The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fact that Stride's killer was "interrupted" by Louis Diemschutz at 1.00 am, and that at exactly the same moment Catherine Eddowes was being discharged from Bishopsgate police station, and that the two of them later met up in Mitre Square smacks too much of a contrivance for my liking.
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post
      Therefor its just possible he left the apron to deliberately draw attention to the GSG,otherwise how else would people know it was written by the killer .
      But why?
      What message is provided by the GSG?
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

People spoke differently then Sam, and some still use double negatives to make a positive point at times.
        Though, if indirect implication was the intent, the phrasing is more consistent with an educated man, as is the style of writing.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• This is a press article I was not aware of....

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
          I think because he wasn't writing about the crime as much as he was venting his animosity towards Jews, concerning their claims about the crime.

Its apparent that the City Police believed the writing was also connected to their investigation, the apron section was obviously so. And their concern about preserving that evidence is here, Pall Mall Gazette, Oct 11...

[I]"It is now stated that the erasure was made by the express orders of Sir Charles Warren, who personally superintended the operation! The City police attached the greatest value to this clue, and decided to have the inscription photographed in order that it might be compared with "Jack the Ripper's" letters. Of course there is no proof that the inscription was written by the assassin. But it was not there the previous evening, and the probability is great that it was written by him...
          How did they know it was not there the previous evening?

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post

Considering the brief timespans and public scenario of his crimes, daring the constables seems to be an aspect of his nature. He could have been spotted murdering Stride earlier that night but that didn't stop him from murdering Eddowes round about an hour later; don't see why he'd be much concerned about being spotted by a constable scribbling on a wall after Kate's murder.
            Agreed, it's all about adrenaline. Just after a murder the killer is intoxicated with adrenaline. He can take on the world.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post
              Just seems weird thats THE KILLER is in his lair with the organs in his possession, why the need to go out to dispose of the bloody apron in the street when he could have got rid of it the next day .
              Thats the important question.
              Because it seems irrational to us doesn't mean it didn't happen.
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by APerno View Post

Could have been chased from the square by PC Watkins and had to wipe as he fled.
                But Goulston street is far too far away for someone just wiping their hands.
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• How do we know a murderer, who has just killed, is filled with adrenaline? Maybe it is like sex, maybe there is a satisfaction and a quiet fatigue that follows? I have never murdered anyone; are there psychological studies that claim such adrenaline occurs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Agreed. If he was up to something simple, something he could have done in the Square, and was then chased out by PC Watkins as I suggest, then he need not hold on to it for very long, he wipes and drops the rag much sooner. OK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

It's only a few minutes' walk, and far enough from Mitre Square to be clear of the bizzies but without going too far. That, and the fact that Wentworth Dwellings had open entrance passageways to duck into strikes me as a perfect place to stop and scrub up.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Agreed. If he was up to something simple, something he could have done in the Square,
                        Not with his hand(s) smeared in fresh excrement. There's nothing simple, or quick, about removing that.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

There is only the very suspicious proximity to the cloth, and the content which refers to Jews evading blame...which is happening on that same night. The cloth and message were found at the same time, and the cloth was left no later than 70 minutes after the murder, hence, they may well have been left by the same source.

There are circumstances Trevor...surprised I have to point that out to a police person.
                          I have to agree with Trevor on this, I have never believed the GSG was written by the killer.

What I do find intriguing though, is that Foster was asked to provide the nearest light source to the graffiti on his scale map.
                          Why was that important if the graffiti was deep inside the entrance?
                          It is only important if the graffiti was on the right-side jamb, which would have received direct light from the lamp, which was located north of the entrance.
                          This fact is more consistent with the graffiti being written in the dark.
                          I would be more than happy to support the idea the graffiti was written deep inside the entrance as that would be more consistent with it being written in daylight, so not connected to the murder. But, the meager evidence we have does not support this location.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

How do we know a murderer, who has just killed, is filled with adrenaline? Maybe it is like sex, maybe there is a satisfaction and a quiet fatigue that follows? I have never murdered anyone; are there psychological studies that claim such adrenaline occurs?
                            Killers have told us, those that were caught. What better source is there?
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

It's only a few minutes' walk, and far enough from Mitre Square to be clear of the bizzies but without going too far. That, and the fact that Wentworth Dwellings had open entrance passageways to duck into strikes me as a perfect place to stop and scrub up.
                              It doesn't sound too far when you say it fast

This blue line is a long, long way to be just wiping your hands.
                              He passed hundreds of opportunities to ditch that rag, yet he held onto it street after street.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                                Not with his hand(s) smeared in fresh excrement. There's nothing simple, or quick, about removing that.
                                But blood doesn't wipe off.
                                An occasional stain, fine. But if you've had your hands immersed in someone abdomen, handling organs, they're covered in blood. No matter how much you wipe your hands they remain sticky. You can't get it all off, you have to wash it off.
                                Just my ex-butcher days coming back to mind, I hate sticky hands.
                                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X