X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Mike- but when's it on the tele?
    'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Fear not Suzi, I have pulled a few strings and we should be getting a definite date shortly!!

I will post as soon as possible, but will be buying the DVD too, here hoping for a few juicy extras!!
      Regards Mike

Comment

its on uk tv the week beginning 31st January 2009.Sorry dont know the exact date

Comment

Thanks, Ian.

My mum's just e-mailed to tell me it's on and did I know about it... to which I replied I did...

From the cover of the DVD it looks like Steve Pemberton is dressed up wearing the clothing of several Ripper guides - long coat and a trilby. He could be based on Don Rumbelow... he could be based on John Pope...

Oh, maybe not the latter. The character's supposed to be a Ripper historian, isn't he?

PHILIP
          Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
            Thanks, Ian.

My mum's just e-mailed to tell me it's on and did I know about it... to which I replied I did...

From the cover of the DVD it looks like Steve Pemberton is dressed up wearing the clothing of several Ripper guides - long coat and a trilby. He could be based on Don Rumbelow... he could be based on John Pope...

Oh, maybe not the latter. The character's supposed to be a Ripper historian, isn't he?

PHILIP
            Mums are great like that. Mine does it all the time. And then she says "I can't tell you anything". Which is often true - apart from telling me off. You're never too old.

Phil, if it's based on Don, he'll be trailing a small shopping trolley behind him. If it's JPdL, he'll be trailing...erm, never mind. What's that smell?

JB

Comment

Both my parents are like that, my father is the worst,

"Did you know there is a new TV show on, it's got Jack the Ripper in it!"

"Yes Dad"

Then he mutters something under his breath, before hanging up the phone!
              Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by ianincleveland View Post
                its on uk tv the week beginning 31st January 2009.Sorry dont know the exact date
                Apparently the first episode is to be shown on Monday 2 February at 9pm:

Comment

Cheers Chris!!!

That's the day they're ripping (!) our bathroom out!!!! Will get the shovels ready and the DVD organised!!!

Suz x

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    Apparently the first episode is to be shown on Monday 2 February at 9pm:
                    http://www.itv.com/PressCentre/White...6/default.html
                    Thanks for that will remember to tune in for that one

Comment

Is it on for three nights or three weeks?? Got to tape it for Howie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Think it's three weeks.....That seems to be the Monday night 'Thriller' spot

Comment

OK great- Will check the Radio Times (other listing magazines are available!) when it comes!!

Comment

Got it in the planner, but also ordered the DVD too! Hope it has some cool extras in it. Coincidently, Frances Coles is listed as a charector on the IMDB site.
                            Regards Mike

Comment

Hi All,

There's more about this in the new Radio Times - even the front cover features Pemberton, Penry-Jones & Davis and announces it as a 'Ripping Yarn: Are they facing Jack the Ripper all over again?'

Pages 12-16 carry an article about the series, explaining that all the characters have been given names of people who were involved in one capacity or another in the original ripper case.

While the writers acknowledge that they are bound to get into trouble with 'Ripperologists' over any factual mistakes, I can't really see why they should, since a modern copycat killer would more than likely get some of his own facts wrong, and have his own ideas about the case and its red herrings, and I can see him sending a Dear Boss equivalent, or popping half a kidney in the post, even if he thinks they were hoaxes back in 1888.

At one point in episode three they get an image of a suspect on CCTV. Co-writer Ben Court, in Radio Times, says: "A true Ripperologist will recognise him as a historical suspect straightaway".

RT refers to: "a hidden army of Jack obsessives out there who continue to pore over every gory detail of the case. They've written countless books; they mass at conventions, and there's a website (www.casebook.org) chock-full of perpetual analysis, carried out in fiendish, exhaustive and exhausting depth". I didn't know that - did you?

Co-writer Caroline Ip says: "Really, we'd be gutted if, after it's broadcast, we snuck onto the forums and they were going, 'God, it was rubbish!' That's why we've put a lot of nods to them in the script".

I can't wait to see it!

Love,

Caz
                              X

PS They wanted to film the 2008 version of the Eddowes murder in Mitre Square but couldn't get permission, so they are well aware that Ripperologists will notice that one!
                              Last edited by caz; 01-29-2009, 06:05 PM.
                              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

ITV has posted several video's on their website here

There is a trailer, and several cast interviews.

The trailer is quite gory, and features a knife, so has been locked for viewing to minors. However, if you click on the trailer, accept the terms and conditions you can bypass the age restriction and view it.

Looks good.
                                Regards Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X