Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's talking Cobblers ? John Richardson ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
    And the evidence of this is ...???????
    Sorry gut the evidence of what? Do you want the source that says they found richardsons spring at the body or are you asking for something else?

Comment

• From inquest:
      "There was also a piece of steel, flat, which has since been identified by Mrs. Richardson as the spring of her son's leggings.
      [Coroner] Where was that found? - It was close to where the body had been"

I'm just saying it could be the reason why richardson came up with the cobbling story...to account for his legging spring (not boot spring sorry)...

Comment

• The evidence about a boot spring, there is mention of a legging spring, but what boot spring.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• That's what I meant...if richardson heard they'd found his gaiter spring at the body could that be one of the reasons he changed his story to include the cobbling?

Comment

• Gut tell me this...what position would the ripper have been in while mutilating chapman and going thru her pockets?

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
              Gut tell me this...what position would the ripper have been in while mutilating chapman and going thru her pockets?
              Well he could have been kneeling, standing bent over, squatting take your pick. The evidence from Swanson however is pretty clear he was investigated and cleared.

No doubt you will say so were other serial killers the difference is they were eventually proven to be serial killers. For my money you need a lot more than anyone has come up with regarding Richardson to hang it on him.

What was the rest of his life like?
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                Well he could have been kneeling, standing bent over, squatting take your pick. The evidence from Swanson however is pretty clear he was investigated and cleared.

No doubt you will say so were other serial killers the difference is they were eventually proven to be serial killers. For my money you need a lot more than anyone has come up with regarding Richardson to hang it on him.

What was the rest of his life like?
                I don't think it's accurate to say he was cleared. It's a big step from "suspicion could not rest upon him" to he had some kind of rock solid alibi like he was in prison that eliminates him from possibility. I don't think he was cleared from anything I've seen (which isn't much). I don't even see anything that indicates his contradicting testimony at the inquest was ever addressed.

Comment

• so would a market porter like richardson use chalk? Or would his families packing case business keep chalk for any purpose?

Comment

Working...
                  X