Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
    Louisa,
    There was a Colorado case in 2012 of a young man who abducted a 10-year old girl from the sidewalk on her way to school, sexually assaulted her, then murdered her and dismembered her corpse.

The child victim's name was Jessica Ridgeway.
    But Pat, my argument is that no other case is remotely similar. Yours is about somebody who took a girl whilst she was out walking. Sexual assault and murder. (Plus dismembering, which didn't happen to JonBenet)

Sexual assault and murder happen all the time. You just have to watch the Crime and Investigation channel on Sky, or CBS Reality where they show back to back true crime cases.

I could give you hundreds of examples of sexual assault and murder. Dismembering too, because they tend to cut the body up for ease of disposal.

The person you refer to did not break into the family home, hang around for hours, kidnap, sexually molest (in this bizarre way) and then murder his victim, and leave a ransom note, then escape without a trace.
    Last edited by louisa; 10-23-2016, 03:57 AM.
    This is simply my opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

The sexual act committed on the body of JonBenet falls under the category of rape.
      Wicksy - put on your listening ears...........
      JONBENET WAS NOT RAPED!!!

Anyone who follows this case will know that she was not raped. She was 'molested sexually' - and possibly not by a male either.

FIND ME A LINK THAT SAYS SHE WAS RAPED! (Now watch as he dodges the issue)

How many times has he got to be told?
      Last edited by louisa; 10-23-2016, 04:16 AM.

Comment

• And where's the precedent for a parent accidentally murdering their child and staging a fake abduction without removing the body from the home?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
          And where's the precedent for a parent accidentally murdering their child and staging a fake abduction without removing the body from the home?
          There isn't.

This case was a one-off - as I keep trying to point out.

Comment

• Originally posted by louisa View Post
            There isn't.

This case was a one-off - as I keep trying to point out.
            And this couldn't apply to the intruder theory, because....?

Comment

• Because - and this is well established fact - a person who is successful in breaking into a house for sexual purposes and commits a murder, and gets away scot free, will go on doing so until he is caught. All killers have a modus operandii and that is normally what catches them.

What drove him to do it is what will drive him to do it again....and again.

This case had additional aspects - a very peculiar modus operandii was used that has never been seen or heard of since the JonBenet case. (odd sexual molestation techniques and a ransom note).

It goes without saying that the Ramseys were not serial killers. This all began as a horrible accident.

I am still thinking Burke was likely to have been responsible.
              Last edited by louisa; 10-23-2016, 05:00 AM.

Comment

• More interesting facts........

JOHN:

One of the first questions the police asked John was "Were all windows and doors locked?" and he replied - "Yes, I checked them all myself last night" which he repeated that to three different officers, all of whom wrote it down in their notebooks.

He later denied ever saying this.

PATSY:

Told investigators that on the morning of the murder she had come down the spiral staircase and found the note. Then she said she went back up to JonBenet's room and found her missing.

Later that morning she changed her story to "I found JonBenet's room empty and went down the spiral staircase and found the note"

------------------------------------------

Upon viewing the body, Patsy exclaimed that she had never before seen the underwear on her daughter’s corpse. Detectives later found out that Patsy had recently purchased that pair of underwear at Bloomingdale's in New York for her 12-year-old niece, but that JonBenet begged to have it kept for her, so Patsy kept it for her. Prior to the murder, even friends of the family knew of this underwear story.

THE COUPLE:

Stated that Burke had been asleep in bed all night. When forensic investigators analysed the tape of the 911 call that Patsy had made that morning they heard a child's voice asking "What have you found?" and John telling him to be quiet "We are not talking to you"

So that was clearly another lie.

Why would they lie? Now THAT is the question!

And here's something else regarding Patsy's 'discovery' of the note……

The FBI concluded that ransom notes almost always have fingerprints or signs of “handling, creasing, or damage.” This one had nothing but evidence of Patsy. She also claimed she’d stepped over the three sheets of paper that were neatly spread across the bottom of a spiral staircase to get to the kitchen. Believing a child left it there, she returned to it later—which worked well for the timeline of her calling 911, etc. When detectives re-enacted this scene, however, they found it was impossible. She could not pass without stepping on the papers. Either she forgot or she lied.

For some time after my epiphany , I was nevertheless troubled by the thought that some key piece of evidence could be missing, that, however...

John Ramsey (on the plane trip):

"Patsy and I heard that Mike Archuleta was subpoenaed to testify, and I knew he would clarify one of the urban legends that had been floated by the media, if he were asked. They had reported that I had called Mike early on the morning of December 26, 1996, to arrange a hasty trip to Atlanta. Of course, that wasn't true. I had called Mike to tell him what had happened."(p. 324)

This is a classic John Ramsey half truth. No, John's call that morning didn't involve a hasty trip to Atlanta; he was cancelling the flight to Michigan that the family had been due to go on that morning. But his call around 1:30 PM, after the body had been found, did involve making arrangements for just such a trip. John has nothing to say about that call, of course.

As for the "urban legend" that John made an attempt to fly out of Boulder as soon as possible after the murder had been discovered, sorry that's no urban legend, but a fact. The book would have given him an opportunity to explain why that call was made, but it's easier to simply deny it ever happened, so that's what he did. (And then blame the police for making up lies")
                Last edited by louisa; 10-23-2016, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• Chief Mark Beckner

"We know from the evidence she was hit in the head very hard with an unknown object, possibly a flashlight or similar type item. The blow knocked her into deep unconsciousness, which could have led someone to believe she was dead. The strangulation came 45 minutes to two hours after the head strike, based on the swelling on the brain. While the head wound would have eventually killed her, the strangulation actually did kill her. The rest of the scene we believe was staged, including the vaginal trauma, to make it look like a kidnapping/assault gone bad."

Some may think this plan too involved for the Ramseys to pull off. However, John had built a successful defense contracting business, and Patsy had long ago managed to become Miss West Virginia (and was instrumental in helping John build up his business).

Further, they had help. Book author and FBI criminal profiler John Douglas wrote Mind Hunter, which reads in part like the JonBenet case in the use of duct tape, ligatures, and similar phrases in its ransom note. Investigators found that hardback in the Ramsey’s bedroom.

Comment

Wicksy - put on your listening ears...........
                    JONBENET WAS NOT RAPED!!!

Anyone who follows this case will know that she was not raped. She was 'molested sexually' - and possibly not by a male either.

FIND ME A LINK THAT SAYS SHE WAS RAPED! (Now watch as he dodges the issue)

How many times has he got to be told?
                    Which official, whether medical officer, detective, or victims advocate, which one(s) said JonBenet, "was not raped"?

You are making a big issue about no-one said "she was raped", therefore in your opinion she couldn't have been raped.

So to use your own rules of logic against you, just tell me who said she "was not raped"?

Who?
                    There's only you that I can see.

Everyone who is aware of the criminal code is also aware of what sexual acts committed on a person constitute rape. It is detailed out in black and white.
                    Forget the private websites, forget Wikipedia, read something of value.
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• So you can't find a website link then?

I thought not.

You are the one who keeps saying she was raped so YOU find the link. Every time you say it I'm going to remind you that JONBENET WAS NOT RAPED! (which, by the way, is not my opinion, but a FACT)

So you had better not keep saying that she was.
                      Last edited by louisa; 10-23-2016, 08:58 AM.

Comment

forget Wikipedia, read something of value.
                        What, you mean like your reference book? 'Del-Boy's Bumper Book of Murder'?

Comment

• Hi-lighted in bold, just to help the medicine go down.

"Anger excitation rapists have sadistic traits. Anger excitation rapists and sadistic rapists become sexually aroused by watching victims physically and psychologically suffer, but anger excitation rapists are motivated by anger, whereas sadistic rapists are motivated by victim suffering. Having power and control over victims plays a role. Anger excitation rapists are the least common, but the most violent. They tend to be psychopaths".
                          Practical aspects of rape investigation. A multidisciplinary approach, 2001.

Tjaden and Thoennes defined rape as, "an event that occurs without the victim's consent and involves the use of threat or force to penetrate the victim's vagina or anus by penis, tongue, fingers, or object, or the victim's mouth by penis."
                          The National Violence Against Women Survey, Tjaden & Thoennes, 2000, p.18.

I already gave you this link:
                          (a)Rape.—Any person subject to this chapter who commits a sexual act upon another person by—
                          (1) using unlawful force against that other person;
                          (2) using force causing or likely to cause death or grievous bodily harm to any person;
                          (3) threatening or placing that other person in fear that any person will be subjected to death, grievous bodily harm, or kidnapping;
                          (4) first rendering that other person unconscious; or
                          (5) administering to that other person by force or threat of force, or without the knowledge or consent of that person, a drug, intoxicant, or other similar substance and thereby substantially impairing the ability of that other person to appraise or control conduct; is guilty of rape and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

When any of the above acts are committed on the victim, that victim has been raped.
                          Now please.. digest this and move on.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Main articles: Rape and Laws regarding rape

"Rape is a statutory offence in England and Wales. According to the law, a rape can only be committed by a male as the penetration can only be done with his penis. If a victim is forcefully penetrated with an object, this is classed as "Sexual Assault by Penetration".
                            The offence is created by section 1[1] of the Sexual Offences Act 2003:
                            "

-------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
                            Definition of statutory rape in the Legal Dictionary by The Free Dictionary

--------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------
                            In the United States, rape is the most serious form of sexual assault punishable by law, but the definition of what constitutes rape varies from state to state. In all states, if a man forcibly

---------------------------------------------------------

Statutes governing Colorado's age of consent, associated criminal charges, available defenses, and penalties for conviction.

"Sexual assault occurs when there is penetration (however slight) with an object or body part between a minor who is 14 or younger and a defendant who is at least four years older than the minor. It also includes penetration between a 15 or 16 year old minor and a defendant who is at least ten years older than the minor. This offense is a class one misdemeanor, which incurs a fine of at least $500 (and up to $5,000), at least six months in jail (and up to two years in prison), or both".
                            -------------------------------------------------

HAPPY NOW?
                            Last edited by louisa; 10-23-2016, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Now please.. digest this and move on.

No, you digest this....

JONBENET WAS NOT RAPED! It did not happen. She was sexually assaulted, and possibly not by a man either.

If she had been 'raped' it would have been in her case notes. It is not in her case notes, her files, or on the internet.

You know it and I know it and half the world knows it.

I'll be happy to move on if you stop saying she was raped.

Last edited by louisa; 10-23-2016, 12:17 PM.

Comment

What "well established medical protocol" am I dismissing?
                                You denied that unconscious patients suffer from air hunger, even though it's standard practice for patients to be administered with sedatives once they're taken off a ventilator to minimize their suffering. Unless JonBenet was brain-dead, she still would've suffered as the garrote was tightened around her throat.

Originally posted by louisa View Post
                                And by the way - have you seen that idiotic ransom note Patsy concocted "on the fly"?
                                Why write a ransom note if they were going to stage a murder and not a kidnapping?
                                Last edited by Harry D; 10-23-2016, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X