X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caz View Post
    One word, pinky...

Libel?

"Sir Jim" was six feet under, but Florie potentially (with all those 'whore' accusations), and the other Maybrick brothers could have kicked up one hell of a fuss.

Nobody in their right mind would publish a Jimmy Savile related spoof today, would they?

Love,

Caz
    X
    Yes a chance of a libel action but it would still sell vast amounts and as for saville very shortly I'm sorry to say people will start writing books about him and even sadder lots of people will buy them.
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

You can't libel a dead person, Pinky.

Graham
      We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Wasn't Battlecrease purchased by an actual jurist from the trial?

Originally posted by Graham View Post
        You can't libel a dead person...
        Good! Then I can accuse James Maybrick of having sired a child with Mary Jane Kelly, who was really Mary Jane Wilson of Liverpool.

It establishes a pre-existing link between the Ripper and Maybrick for a potential contemporary Ripper hunter/hoaxer, other than just a cartoon.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
          Hi caz,I think for once you are wrong if this was published shortly after Maybrick died it would have sold bucket loads so we have to ask the question why it was never released after his death.xxxxxxx
          Maybe it was simply forgotten about.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
            Maybe it was simply forgotten about.
            A very simple answer to a very complicated question and quite possibly the correct one
            Last edited by pinkmoon; 04-29-2015, 02:12 PM.
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

I think Michael fits into the jigsaw somewhere, just can't work out where yet.

Comment

A very simple answer to a very complicated question and quite possibly the correct one
                My thought being that if it was an old hoax then perhaps someone wrote it, put it aside moved on with their life, or even died and simply forgot about it.

Now it could be that it was written for any one of a number of reasons:

1. Someone had time on their hands and was thinking "What if"?

2. It was done to help Flo and either when death sentence was avoided or they got cold feet, it wasn't used.

3. A novel was being plotted out and later dropped, just as many writers have left part finished works.

4. Or some other reason.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Purkis View Post
                  I think Michael fits into the jigsaw somewhere, just can't work out where yet.
                  Michael the brother?

Or Michael Barrett?

One I suspect, the other I don't think I do.
                  G U T

Comment

My thought being that if it was an old hoax then perhaps someone wrote it, put it aside moved on with their life, or even died and simply forgot about it.

2. It was done to help Flo and either when death sentence was avoided or they got cold feet, it wasn't used.

3. A novel was being plotted out and later dropped, just as many writers have left part finished works.

4. Or some other reason.
                    I'm convinced it's linked to Florences trial

Comment

4. Or some other reason.
                      Michael the brother?

Or Michael Barrett?

One I suspect, the other I don't think I do.
                      Mr Barrett is only involved in this by pure chance If my little theory is correct.

Comment

4. Or some other reason.
                        But then how did it arrive in Battlecrease? You don't need to trust me that it did; I have Keith Skinner with me on this one.

Love,

Caz
                        X
                        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

But then how did it arrive in Battlecrease? You don't need to trust me that it did; I have Keith Skinner with me on this one.

Love,

Caz
                          X
                          That's what has me thinking, but if it was written during Flo's trial would the family have access to Battlecrease? And after her being sent to gaol surely they still had access.
                          G U T

Comment

Mr Barrett is only involved in this by pure chance If my little theory is correct.
                            Oh yes, pinky, I am 100% certain that Mike got involved by pure chance, and long after the diary had been written and placed in Battlecrease.

Love,

Caz
                            X

Comment

Oh yes, pinky, I am 100% certain that Mike got involved by pure chance, and long after the diary had been written and placed in Battlecrease.

Love,

Caz
                              X
                              Morning my dear,any chance of Mr Skinner revealing his new information to us is there a book in the pipeline?xxxxxx.

Comment

That's what has me thinking, but if it was written during Flo's trial would the family have access to Battlecrease? And after her being sent to gaol surely they still had access.
                                Blimey, that was quick!

I would think lots of people had access to Battlecrease in the aftermath of Jim's death and Florie's arrest.

Later on I seem to recall the jury foreman lived there? Also it became quite a tourist attraction.

Love,

Caz
                                X

Comment

Working...
                                X