No announcement yet.

Thomas Cutbush - Whitechapel Murderer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Cutbush - Whitechapel Murderer ?

Having just been listening to the 'Cutbush Podcast',and with the Broadmoor Files, it just goes to show what a controversial character Cutbush was,especially in those few months in 1888.

To see how people see him as a 'serious 'prospect,i have set up this poll for others here to give,in their opinions,a mark from 1-10 (1 being definately not to 10 being almost sure ) ,on Cutbush being the Whitechapel Murderer.

This hopefully will be interesting to see what the average number will be out of 10 for this suspect.

As usual,any comments or thoughts are all welcome.
    1 : definately not
    17.07%
    2 :
    17.07%
    3 :
    9.76%
    4 :
    2.44%
    5 :
    12.20%
    6 :
    19.51%
    7 :
    4.88%
    8 :
    4.88%
    9 :
    7.32%
    10: almost sure he is
    4.88%
    Last edited by halomanuk; 03-27-2009, 07:06 PM.

I salute your effort here, but mind you I'd salute a glass of good beer too.
    All I can opinion is that if Thomas Cutbush was Jack the Ripper then I'm the Maharajah of Cooch Behar.

Comment

Thanks AP !!

Just trying to see the average persons thinking on this because it is very interesting IMO with Cutbush at the moment,and i am surprised at the very even response so far..
      Last edited by halomanuk; 03-28-2009, 01:52 AM.

Comment

The name alone deserves something!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Rowe View Post
          The name alone deserves something!
          What do u mean Mitch ?

Comment

Cutbush silly.. Cutbush!

Comment

mmmmmmmm..ok..and which number out of 10 did you vote for eh ?

Comment

Its a joke.. I wont vote because I dont know enough about him. Im in no hurry with suspects as I doubt anyone knew. Including police and press alike.

I cant explain why it ended. If it ended at all. I can say the police thought they had not a shred of proof against anyone. And that MacNaghten describes this cutbush dude and tries to set the story straight about it. And then goes on to mention other "suspects" more likely but not any proof against them either. And now we come to find out that these "suspects" were exactly how MacNaghten described them!

However I realize that sometimes police ignore the facts but thats not what I feel the MM represents. Because I dont think MacNaghten intended to mis represent the facts. If something really concrete came up on cutbush I think they would have ran with it.

After saying all that I will say it still may not mean anything because I havent researched him enough for one thing. I cant make any sort of judgement against any suspect if I dont know the facts.

Comment

Although he's a lot more likely to have been the Ripper than a lot of the suspects, I highly doubt he was.

Comment

This is a lot more even than i thought it would be...totally spread out so far.

Comment

Hi Halo,

I give it a solid 5 based on the circumstantial evidence developed by Inspector Race.

Roy
                      Sink the Bismark

Comment

Thats the same number i gave it as well Roy,as i still need to brush up on Cutbush quite a bit more..

Comment

Hiddy-ho Barry,

I somehow missed this one. I'm voting late.

Thanks for the poll.
                          "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

You've never missed one of my polls..i forgive you..

Comment

Phew! That's relief! Thanks!
                              "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Working...
                              X