J K Stephen Hardcore proof?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J K Stephen Hardcore proof?

i am a writer who is in the process of doing research for a jack the ripper musical, whilst researching I came across a non- fiction book called JACK THE RIPPER REVEALED by John Wilding

he has a theory that JK stephen and Montague Druitt were the combined team of Jack the ripper, throughout the book he has a large amount of circumstantial evidence to build up a strong convincing case that they did it.

including the ending chapter, chapter 15 the ripper revealed, this is where he gives proof of who the killers were.

he claims that the writing on the wall and two of the letters are actually anagrams,

i will start with the first liverpool letter

Liverpool. 29th Inst. Beware, I shall be at work on the 1st and 2nd inst, in Minories at 12 midnight, and I give the authorities a good chance, but there is never a policeman near when i am at work. yours, Jack the Ripper

anagram

to charles warren 1 A annie Chapman did not hold berties 2 souvenirs. 2 I work at it - I lie in wait i.e the 9th November, Montague Druitt and I gag a bitch. I rip open Kelly. I save HRH crown on a 12th stroke. James Stephen.

2nd liverpool letter

Prince William St., L'pool. what fools the police are. I even give them the name of the street where i am living. yours jack the ripper.'

anagram

I kill. Can the police trap me? I live in a Watling Street harem with people who love to fight fire. Come here. yours, James Stephen. V.R.

graffiti on the wall

The Juwes are the men that will not be blamed for nothing.

anagram

F.G Abberline. Now hate M.J. Druitt. He sent the woman to hell.

surely this is proof enough that they were the killers, also the ripper case was closed on 1892 the year that J K stephen died.

has anyone else read the book or heard of this theory?

i searched the forums and the web but found nothing about it, surely this solves who he was?

if this has been posted somewhere else forgive me.

but if someone replied i would be much obliged

Joeyhawks

Joey,

The problem with the 'solution' is that anagrams can be made out of anything. Did you notice the incredibly poor grammar in the anagrams? One might be tempted to say, "Yeah, but it's as good as can be expected when trying to make two messages out of one. If it were me, I'd add extra words as needed to make the grammar better.

Consensus around here is that JK Stephen had nothing to do with it.

Cheers,

Mike
    huh?

Comment

Yikes. Where to begin? Maybe you should have a look at the review of Wilding's book on the Ripper Media pages. It pretty much sums up the opinion of serious researchers about this theory. So far as I know, no one has taken it seriously. Anagram solutions are always suspect and, as a rule, they aren't worth the paper---or wall---that they're written on.

Keep looking for a source on which to base your libretto. This one will fall flat.

Comment

I thought the book was a "PantsofBag"

As it was mentioned earlier anagrams are open to interpratation and could mean anything to anyone. Plus you would expect a tutor to the prince to be able to spell!
        Regards Mike

Comment

Given enough letters you have the flexibility to find anagrams that say anything, really. For example, this line:

Originally posted by joeyhawks View Post

i searched the forums and the web but found nothing about it, surely this solves who he was?
          anagrams to:
          Hidden in the post by joeyhawks

You love death... snub, murder the wife.
          Slasher nabbed?
          Wow, this s
          hit out of nothing cheats us.
          Joeyhawks here surely must be a murderer himself. I mean, that's hardcore proof right there. Right?

Dan Norder
          Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
          Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

"Wow, this $hit out of nothing cheats us" -- which should be printed as a statutory warning on the cover of many a suspect-centric "Ripper" book
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

'Wow, this $hit out of nothing cheats us" -- which should be printed as a statutory warning on the cover of many a suspect-centric "Ripper" book'.

But only when you and Dan have written one, eh Sam?

Comment

With anagrams, we are once again going down the Lewis Carroll path. If I read a book, as soon as the word 'anagram' is mentioned, I tend to not continue. Not saying I am closed minded but anagrams as "proof" in the Ripper case just doesn't work for me. If that was the case, we could point the finger of anyone who wrote a letter in 1888.
                Best regards,
                Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Hi Joeyhawks
                  Am afraid I agree with everyone else regarding the anagram theory - which I did wade thru!! If you are interested in fact about JK Stephen then try my book (probably less fun much much straighter). 'The Prince, HIs Tutor and the Ripper'. Well I have to try to push it here as I don't have the advantages of Patricia Cornwell!!

Regards and good luck with the research.

Deborah McDonald
                  Deborah McDonald
                  Author: 'The Prince, His Tutor and the Ripper'

Comment

Yes I highly recommend Debs' book. Very good read and not a daft anagram in sight!!
                    Best regards,
                    Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

I agree with all the previous writers. The greater the number of letters, the easier it is to generate anagrams. I would just add that the 'fact' that Stevens died in the year that the Ripper file was closed isn't actually a fact at all. Popular misconception and too often repeated. The file has never been closed, because the crimes remain undetected.
                      I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Maybe people are influenced by how Hannibal Lecter used anagrams. But then, he wasn't real.

Comment

In any case - writing letters and messages on walls does not make one a murderer.

John Humble sent letters and a tape to police claiming to be the Yorkshire Ripper but he was not the killer.

Comment

This thread has certainly been dormant for quite a while. I wonder if Joeyhawks ever wrote the book for a musical?

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
                              This thread has certainly been dormant for quite a while. I wonder if Joeyhawks ever wrote the book for a musical?
                              joelyhawks wrote one single post here at Casebook and never replied to any of those who responded to the post. Maybe that says something in itself?

C
                              Christopher T. George
                              Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                              just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                              For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                              RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Working...
                              X