the diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the diary

I think the diary is forged possibly to try and help Mrs maybrick during her trial or maybe to sell to a newspaper .forger lost bottle and never tried to unleash this on general public diary hangs round for years and finds its way to Mr Barrett the rest as they say say is history.having met Mr Barrett several times over the years I would say he would not be able to forge also he would not be a suitable person to use in a deception .
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Hi I totally agree with you with regards to Michael Barrett's sole capability to forge the diary by himself.

I also disagree to the point that the diary is a modern day forgery.

Barrett's first affidavit was compiled in such great detail and in my opinion was compiled by another. I am sure he didn't walk into the offices of DP Hardy and quote all of that off the top of his head.

The question is who did compile it for him?

There are still a lot of questions to be answered surrounding this issue.

Have all the main protagonists been identified and their parts in this fully documented or are there more skeletons in the cupboard?

On a further note the solicitor DP Hardy in 2003 was struck of for improper practices some going back to 1986.

Comment

Thank you Trevor for your reply the main point I'm trying to make is there is no way on God's earth you would enlist Mr Barretts help in this
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Other than to use him as the fall guy if it all went tits up as it did

Comment

Possible....I don't know him that well but to get him involved just wouldn't do it .......p.s are you Trevor Marriott the author?

Comment

Yes the same one

Comment

Please to meet you I've just downloaded your book from kindle store I will give you some honest feed back when read cheers jason

Comment

Maybe the diary was forged at time of Mrs maybricks trial but when she wasn't hung and would be able to contradict questions arising from diary the forger got cold feet and it was never released on general public

Comment

There's a free punctuation bank for people who are unable to afford punctuation of their own. I can post the address.

Comment

What's more important? To appreciate that Mike Barrett could not have forged a sick note from his mum, and that no diary hoaxer with half a brain cell would have given him sole charge of the thing? Or to deliver perfectly punctuated internet message board posts, showing not the slightest grasp of the subject that is Michael Barrett?

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

I don't know if you've ever met Mike Barrett caz but if you have surely you must agree he's some one you would not get involved with at any level with anything

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                        What's more important? To appreciate that Mike Barrett could not have forged a sick note from his mum, and that no diary hoaxer with half a brain cell would have given him sole charge of the thing? Or to deliver perfectly punctuated internet message board posts, showing not the slightest grasp of the subject that is Michael Barrett?
                        Does Barrett use punctuation when he speaks, or does he drone on in a monotone pattern? That could be an important question here.

Mike
                        huh?

Comment

The answer to Caroline's either/or question is neither. Writing, whether in a post or a novel, should be for the benefit of the reader, not the other way around.

I've never known any women who were hung, but many men wish they were.
                          Best Wishes,
                          Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                            I don't know if you've ever met Mike Barrett caz but if you have surely you must agree he's some one you would not get involved with at any level with anything
                            Absolutely, pink. I agree with you. And yes, I've met Mike Barrett on a few occasions, and we interviewed him a couple of times for Ripper Diary. A bit of a charmer, we walked up the pub arm in arm at one point, and he was easy to talk to.

But you and I both know he would be the very last person on the planet a hoaxer with any sense would involve, or allow to be involved, at any level - let alone give sole charge of the finished product, including what to say about it and what to do with it.

I was merely suggesting to another poster that knowing Mike like you and I do is more important than perfect punctuation.

Love,

Caz
                            X
                            Last edited by caz; 08-14-2013, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                              Does Barrett use punctuation when he speaks, or does he drone on in a monotone pattern? That could be an important question here.

Mike
                              Hi GM,

Why don't you address your question to pinkmoon?

In fact, I would have thought you'd have a dozen better questions than that if you seriously suspect what you appear to be suspecting.

Love,

Caz
                              X

Comment

Working...
                              X