No announcement yet.

Coles - Ripper or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS Rob, there's a Travelodge in this area....would it be where the largest chimney is?

I think it's near Mansell Street. To the north-east of the Tower...

Comment

The Travelodge is on Chamber Street near the Leman Street corner. I've marked it in red. The green building is where the Berner Street school is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Royal Mint 1934.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	659257

Rob

Comment

Thank you, that's brilliant. I've stayed in this hotel and have more of an idea of the area now. You are a treasure!

Comment

Originally posted by Nurse Sarah View Post
          Thank you, that's brilliant. I've stayed in this hotel and have more of an idea of the area now. You are a treasure!
          I cannot deny it

Comment

LOL!

Comment

Any chance you could mark on that photo where Coles was found, if possible?

Thanks

Comment

Here you go.

Name:	Royal Mint 1934.jpg
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	659258

Rob

Comment

I'd turn the question into :

"Coles : the Ripper, Sadler or someone else ?"

...and would answer :

1- Sadler
                  2-Someone else
                  3- The Ripper

Amitiés,
                  David

Comment

Hi Sarah here is the County Court building in Prescott Street which Rob Clack refers to. Looks like it's an Indian restaurant now.

Name:	prescott str irfan.jpg
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	659259

all the best

Observer

Comment

Sadler was seen by a witness at 3am who stated he was so drunk he could hardly speak let alone stand up. Coles was killed by someone holding her head back from behind and cutting her throat. That is in line with Nicholls, Chapman and Eddowes.

Are we expected to belive that a man so drunk would be able to render a woman who is not that drunk helpless and then cut her throat with some degree of accuracy. And not forgetting he had been wandering around and then lo and behold he just happens to bump into her thats real conicidence.

Are we also not forgetting the man she was seen to go off with at 1.45am in Commercial St or are we suggesting that was sadler. That man was not described as being drunk and staggering about.

Perhaps Rob or someone could produce a map showing all of the relevant places with distance it might make it easier for all to understand.

Comment

Do you care to post the sources for these Trevor? By the way, I am not even claiming that Sadler killed coles... I am merely saying that there is clearly more suspicion against him than there is against Kidney.

Also, you say Sadler was so drunk he could not walk at 3 AM. But at 2 AM, he walked up to PC Edwards, then walked along some distance with him. I admit that I apparently got the location wrong where Edwards left Sadler... still, it was a 3 minute walk to the murder site according to Edwards' testimony. So the basic ideas of what I wrote is still just as correct.

Now, I am perfectly willing to consider your points... but can you please give your sources for them?
                        RH

Comment

Originally posted by robhouse View Post
                          Do you care to post the sources for these Trevor? By the way, I am not even claiming that Sadler killed coles... I am merely saying that there is clearly more suspicion against him than there is against Kidney.

Also, you say Sadler was so drunk he could not walk at 3 AM. But at 2 AM, he walked up to PC Edwards, then walked along some distance with him. I admit that I apparently got the location wrong where Edwards left Sadler... still, it was a 3 minute walk to the murder site according to Edwards' testimony. So the basic ideas of what I wrote is still just as correct.

Now, I am perfectly willing to consider your points... but can you please give your sources for them?
                          RH
                          I am happy to provide you with the sources

After all the bible never lies

I dont want to have a go at you specifically but i did post recently that posters should do their own research before they post on here about contentious issues. Here are relevant facts right under everyones nose.

People try to go to deep into the various aspects that leads to total confusion and is the cause of many arguments on here. The basic facts about the Rippper have now become distorted.

Do we really need to know the family history of every witness involved in the mystery. This is just one example of material clogging up the overall investigation. This type of info may be of interest to some but should be kept separate.

Tin hat ready !

Comment

Thanks to Rob and Observer for the photos.

Comment

People try to go to deep into the various aspects that leads to total confusion and is the cause of many arguments on here. The basic facts about the Rippper have now become distorted.
                              And some reason for that distortion is down to baseless, erronous posts made by people who have a theory to peddle as opposed to ground facts.

Practice what you preach.

....and keep the tin hat on.

Monty
                              Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                                And some reason for that distortion is down to baseless, erronous posts made by people who have a theory to peddle as opposed to ground facts.

Practice what you preach.

....and keep the tin hat on.

Monty
                                It a good job I do not fall into the above catergory then .

I always practice what I preach after all it is not I that have distorted the facts. I have tried to undo the distortions made by others and in particular our resident group of armchair detectives.

Tin hat and body armour at the ready. But make sure you get me first time. There is nothing as dangerous as a wounded animal .
                                Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 04-15-2010, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X