Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by Wickerman 5 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by Wickerman 9 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by MysterySinger 9 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by Wickerman 9 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by Wickerman 10 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by Wickerman 10 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - (18 posts)
Doctors and Coroners: Baxter's influence on Ripper lore - (8 posts)
Kosminski, Aaron: My theory on Kosminski - (6 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: Tabbard Street East? - (1 posts)
Non-Fiction: Elizabeth Stride and Jack the Ripper: The Life and Death of the Reputed Third Victim. - (1 posts)
Shades of Whitechapel: Caught!? Long Island Serial Killer suspect - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Media > Books > Fiction

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-08-2015, 02:33 PM
pinkmoon pinkmoon is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: north west of england
Posts: 1,791
Default dear boss letter

I know a few years ago an American scientist who examined creams handwriting was convinced it was the same as the "dear boss" letter.
__________________
Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Amanda Amanda is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Shropshire
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkmoon View Post
I know a few years ago an American scientist who examined creams handwriting was convinced it was the same as the "dear boss" letter.
Yes, that's true. I can't comment on that without giving away too much info.
What I can tell you is that Cream was renowned for his literary boastings & wrote many letters to many people.

I trust you've pre-ordered your copy to put your mind at rest?
Amanda
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-08-2015, 02:59 PM
GUT GUT is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I come from a land Down Under
Posts: 7,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkmoon View Post
I know a few years ago an American scientist who examined creams handwriting was convinced it was the same as the "dear boss" letter.
To most people that exonerates him as Jacky boy.
__________________
G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Amanda Amanda is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Shropshire
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUT View Post
To most people that exonerates him as Jacky boy.
Hi Gut,

I've included a letter written by Cream in the images, so you can compare the handwriting yourself. Would be interested to get your opinion.

Amanda
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-08-2015, 11:26 PM
GUT GUT is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I come from a land Down Under
Posts: 7,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
Hi Gut,

I've included a letter written by Cream in the images, so you can compare the handwriting yourself. Would be interested to get your opinion.

Amanda
But my point is dd Jack write Dear Boss, if not his handwriting matching is as much use as PC's paper comparison re Sickert
__________________
G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-09-2015, 12:01 AM
Amanda Amanda is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Shropshire
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUT View Post
But my point is dd Jack write Dear Boss, if not his handwriting matching is as much use as PC's paper comparison re Sickert
Hi Gut,
I see your point. I don't think the origin of the Dear Boss letter can ever be proven. Could be Jack, could be a complete hoax, another unsolved mystery.
Might be another quest for the DNA experts in the future.

Will ask my publisher about my book availability in Oz.
Amanda
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-09-2015, 12:25 AM
GUT GUT is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I come from a land Down Under
Posts: 7,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
Hi Gut,
I see your point. I don't think the origin of the Dear Boss letter can ever be proven. Could be Jack, could be a complete hoax, another unsolved mystery.
Might be another quest for the DNA experts in the future.

Will ask my publisher about my book availability in Oz.
Amanda
Thanks Amanda I suspect it'll be the same old, either buy from US or UK and pay more postage than the book cost, or Kindle which I HATE
__________________
G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-09-2015, 01:11 AM
Amanda Amanda is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Shropshire
Posts: 400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUT View Post
Thanks Amanda I suspect it'll be the same old, either buy from US or UK and pay more postage than the book cost, or Kindle which I HATE
Gut, really wish I could send you a copy as a gift

However, I spent the last of my pocket money on getting copyright for the numerous documents & photos...
Have a lovely day
Amanda
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-09-2015, 01:18 AM
GUT GUT is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I come from a land Down Under
Posts: 7,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
Gut, really wish I could send you a copy as a gift

However, I spent the last of my pocket money on getting copyright for the numerous documents & photos...
Have a lovely day
Amanda
Just letting off steam, seems every time I want a book it's not available here and sometimes t just gets to ya.
__________________
G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-09-2015, 02:11 AM
pinkmoon pinkmoon is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: north west of england
Posts: 1,791
Default

I've been doing some reading on Dr cream and if he can be placed in England during the time of these murders we have a very good suspect on our hands.He fits the bill in a lot of ways he is quite prepared to perform abortions he is quite prepared to kill women a generally nasty piece of work so I think it would make perfect sense to anybody who has an interest in this case to buy this book I have pre-orderd mine and I look forward to its arrival with great excitement.
__________________
Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.