My theory on Kosminski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lenne P. View Post
    I have been away from my JTR studies for a while due to illness. What has been the disposition of the shawl purportedly with Kosminski's DNA on it (as put forth in the book "Naming Jack the Ripper") and the "Diary of Jack the Ripper" purportedly written by James Maybrick. Have they been officially debunked? Speaking of Maybrick, what has been the response of the JTR community to Bruce Robinson's theory that Michael Maybrick was JTR?
    The provenance was a mess and the thing had been contaminated more than a New Jersey beach.

Comment

I have theory on Kosminski. He was a harmless man. Therefore he's a very weak Ripper suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
        I have theory on Kosminski. He was a harmless man. Therefore he's a very weak Ripper suspect.
        Police officials who actually met and had firsthand knowledge of him felt otherwise. He’s therefore a strong suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Pontius2000 View Post

After recently re-reading Tom Wescott's first book, I have become almost completely convinced that Emma Smith and Martha Tabram were JtR murders.

I have always believed rather strongly that Tabram is a Ripper victim. As well, I believe that Smith is not, even though - geographically - its a perfect fit.

Leaving aside the obvious: that Smith survived the attack; her own statement that she was attacked by three or four youths; that fact that she suffered - and eventually died from - bleeding resultant from a torn perineum inflicted by a blunt object. It is possible, that her killer's inexperience allowed Smith to survive; that that the killer evolved, replacing the blunt object with a knife; that Smith lied about the number and nature of her attackers in order to distract from her having been soliciting, the actual attacker being her (prospective) client, some guy named Jack, perhaps.

What stood out to me initially is the time elapsed between the attack on Smith and Tabram's murder:

Smith attacked.
          126 days.
          Tabram killed.
          24 days.
          Nichols killed.
          8 days.
          Chapman killed.
          22 days.
          Stride and Eddowes killed.
          40 days.
          Kelly killed.

It can be argued, obviously, that since Smith survived, the killer was spooked, laid low, stifled his compulsions out of fear. Alas, that duration's always seemed to lie too far outside the timeframe - for me - to have been "Jack".

So, believing that Smith/Tabram were JtR victims combined with some generalities about known serial killers, it should probably be somewhat suspected that JtR resided in the vicinity of the Smith/Tabram crime scenes due to:
          (1) Smith/Tabram were the first 2 crimes in a series of 7
          (2) Smith/Tabram were the 2 crime scenes in closest proximity to each other
          (3) Smith/Tabram were the 2 crimes closest to the geographic center of the 7 murder scenes

Interesting points, and consistent with some observations I made months back on another thread, having just visited the murder sites for the first time. It felt to me as if George Yard and Goulston Street - separated by less than some 800 feet - were an epicenter of sorts.

If we - just for fun - consider Tabram victim #1 and - also just for fun - believe that "Jack" killed his first victim close to "home". Perhaps we go so far as to imagine that he knew Tabram by sight and/or reputation if not by name. An interesting narrative can be imagined.

A near square can be drawn in mapping Buck's Row, 29 Hanbury Street, Berner Street, Mitre Square, and Miller's Court, with George Yard Buildings located very near the center of that square. As I said, the entrance to Wentworth Model Dwellings in Goulston Street is about a 5-wood (800 feet) from the spot where Tabram was killed. I find it interesting (and perhaps significant) that one can map this perimeter, and that two relevant sites (a third if we believe Smith was a victim and include the spot on which she was attacked) can found within it: George Yard, near it's center, and Goulston Street, 800 feet to the west.

Perhaps the proximity of Eddowes' apron in Goulston Street may indicate it was left by her killer as he made his way home, to somewhere near (or in) George Yard which was, as I mentioned, only 800 feet from the spot upon which the apron was found. Did he live in Goulston Street (perhaps IN Wentworth Model Dwellings)?

Who knows? But, as I say, one can imagine. If only for fun.

My thoughts above bold.

Comment

Originally posted by Pontius2000 View Post
            Police officials who actually met and had firsthand knowledge of him felt otherwise. He’s therefore a strong suspect.
            So what? There's no evidence of Kosminski being violent at any point.

Comment

So what? There's no evidence of Kosminski being violent at any point.
              Threatening his sister with a knife?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                Was it a defensive posture - "don't come near me", or was it aggressive, "I'll rip you up"?

We need to know whether Kosminski felt threatened, or felt like killing.
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                  Was it a defensive posture - "don't come near me", or was it aggressive, "I'll rip you up"?

We need to know whether Kosminski felt threatened, or felt like killing.
                  Exactly as there is no detailed recording of the incident we don't know how serious Kosminski was in this threat. I still think he's a poor suspect.

Comment

Exactly as there is no detailed recording of the incident we don't know how serious Kosminski was in this threat. I still think he's a poor suspect.
                    If we don't know the context of this incident, we can't state definitively that Kosminski had no history of violence.

Comment

From the Colney Hatch notes: 1892 Jan 9...at times excited and violent- a few days ago he took up a chair and attempted to strike the charge attendant; That's evidence.

Comment

You beat me to it John. Kosminski was named as a suspect in a contemporary police report unlike Bury and a whole host of other suspects. I'd tend to take notice of the police officers who were around at the time over some of the characters who contribute to this forum

Comment

Originally posted by John Malcolm View Post
                          From the Colney Hatch notes: 1892 Jan 9...at times excited and violent- a few days ago he took up a chair and attempted to strike the charge attendant; That's evidence.
                          But the same question arises, was Kozminski defending himself (in his eyes), or was he attacking the attendant?
                          Holding a chair up is a typical defensive posture, telling someone to get back, stay away from me.
                          Kozminski was paranoid, from what we read.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Yes, he's a poor suspect (the former hairdresser Aaron Abrahams Kosminski).
                            Assumptions..assumptions...assumptions...

...and Bury murdered for money.. assumptions...

Comment

a few days ago he took up a chair and attempted to strike the charge attendant...

---

Be real, people who did one of the above or both are murderers?
                              Surely you've read or seen a lot ,much worse, but were not.
                              Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                              M. Pacana

Comment

Originally posted by Observer View Post
                                You beat me to it John. Kosminski was named as a suspect in a contemporary police report unlike Bury and a whole host of other suspects. I'd tend to take notice of the police officers who were around at the time over some of the characters who contribute to this forum
                                Why they didn't come near to solving the case?

Comment

Working...
                                X