Great JtR novels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great JtR novels

I would be interested in hearing what the group considers the best novels about Jack the Ripper. Remember, I am looking for fiction only. Thanks for your input.

My friend read "1888: A Jack the Ripper Novel" by Revelle-Smith, and pronounced it excellent.

I liked the "From Hell" graphic novel very much.

Check out the Books section (Fiction) of the forums for more discussions of Ripper novels.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

Back to Whitechapel (Michel Poeti) is interesting on a fictional level. It was published in French and later translated in English.
      It's the story of Mary Jane Kelly's daughter, now a WWII nurse in London who joins a group of ripperologists to solve the mystery around her mother's murder.

While there is some liberties with the truth (indeed!) it is well researched.
      Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
      - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

You should have a look at my JTR novel, 'My Ripper Hunting Days'. David Green wrote a positive review in last December's Ripperologist. "This is a thoughtful, skillfully plotted and fascinating work that shines with intelligence".

Hercule Poirot

Comment

Working...
        X