Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wrong Joe

Hi,
    I now have reason to believe that Joseph Fleming, although a ex lover of Mary Kelly, may not be the same Joe that was present in her life during that autumn, that being the case was not the man that ill used her over her carrying on with Barnett.
    Reason for this Kellys inquest.
    Julia Venturnys statement states that she knew Barnett, and that Mary was fond of another man called Joe, who she had never met, but believed he was a Costermonger....
    I must admit I had never personally noticed that before, and that being the case it would appear that our Joseph F,[ Plasterer], was not her current lover, but it does appear she had a fixation with Josephs..
    I Wonder if this unknown man illused her on the night/morning of the 8th/9th of November, this time a touch to much?
    Was he the porter figure, Maxwell claimed to have seen kelly talking to at 845am.?
    Regards Richard.

I wouldn't rule JF out, Richard, on Venturney's belief he was a costermonger. I think we also have JB's statement that MJ still saw JF, that she was still fond of him or some such. Venturney may have been mistaken in her belief, and/or JF could have been doing any such work at that point.

And, for all the reported history on him, even taking only Venturney and JB's testimony into account, I don't think we can rule him out in a scenario that matches your penultimate sentence.
    best,

claire

Comment

Originally posted by claire View Post
      I wouldn't rule JF out, Richard, on Venturney's belief he was a costermonger. I think we also have JB's statement that MJ still saw JF, that she was still fond of him or some such. Venturney may have been mistaken in her belief, and/or JF could have been doing any such work at that point.

And, for all the reported history on him, even taking only Venturney and JB's testimony into account, I don't think we can rule him out in a scenario that matches your penultimate sentence.
      Agreed Claire,
      JF had apparently left the building trade and is sometimes registered as a dock labourer. Costermonger or not, the man JV alluded to at the inquest was Fleming, no doubt.

Amitiés,
      David

Comment

Working...
      X