Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE]
    Originally posted by Sister Hyde View Post
    classic. let's keep an eye on these claims cause there will obviously be more coming, and maybe even loopier every time[/QUOTE
    ]

What intrigues me, is that 'Lotus' claims to have been in contact with many "Ripperologists" :
    How come she knows the term ? And how come we don't know about them -and they haven't used any of these photos or diaries ?

Someone is having a laugh with us, I think !

By the way, she told 'Kate' (who pointed out that Neal Sheldon couldn't find any living relatives for Abberline) to contact her for 'proof' of her claims.

I think someone should contact her..I don't know if I can be arsed..
    http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

government work

Hello Robert. Say, you have an astonishingly good idea about the cardboard replica. Indeed, many government workers could do with one of those.

After all, who would notice the difference--both are entirely immobile? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

[QUOTE=Rubyretro;187157]
        ]

What intrigues me, is that 'Lotus' claims to have been in contact with many "Ripperologists" :
        How come she knows the term ? And how come we don't know about them -and they haven't used any of these photos or diaries ?

Someone is having a laugh with us, I think !

By the way, she told 'Kate' (who pointed out that Neal Sheldon couldn't find any living relatives for Abberline) to contact her for 'proof' of her claims.

I think someone should contact her..I don't know if I can be arsed..
        Well someone messing around to have a laugh with "ripperologists" can't be blamed.... I mean, it's so tempting

I think if the photos and diaries had anything looking genuine they would have been used long ago, if not her, along the generations there would have been someone craving for a bit of fame or whatever they call it.

For my part I won't contact anybody, I'll just pretend I've never even heard about it

Lynn: that's what they already do!!! but they got busted once a guy got pissed and started to shake the cardbox civil servant, so now they're trying to work on more realistic puppets that they can move with strings and in which they can record a couple sentences like "I can't say anything" "I'm sorry I can't help you" "a drug dealer??? really?? is he expensive?"

Comment

solution

Hello Hyde.

" . . . now they're trying to work on more realistic puppets that they can move with strings and in which they can record a couple sentences like "I can't say anything" "I'm sorry I can't help you"

There's an easy solution to that one. Just have the voice say, "Take a number please, and don't make a fuss, will you? Else you shall lose your place in line."

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
            Hello Hyde.

" . . . now they're trying to work on more realistic puppets that they can move with strings and in which they can record a couple sentences like "I can't say anything" "I'm sorry I can't help you"

There's an easy solution to that one. Just have the voice say, "Take a number please, and don't make a fuss, will you? Else you shall lose your place in line."

Cheers.
            LC
            Wonderfull technology... Soon the administration might get rid of their "privileged lazy arses" reputaion by remplacing all their staff with these!! keep me informed when they finally use these new prototypes, maybe that will make me finally apply to get an id card

Comment

Off thread - but I have to point out, from a professional point of view, that you could not be more wrong in your comments on/insults about civil servants.

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H View Post
                Off thread - but I have to point out, from a professional point of view, that you could not be more wrong in your comments on/insults about civil servants.

Phil
                no I'm not Phil, we live in different countries that's all, different kinds of administrations, beside the administrations in those days must have been much different too. amongst the worst I had to deal with, the dutch and the french administration would seriously deserve to get privatized and loose all their privileges!!

Comment

Oh to have privieges to lose!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H View Post
                    Oh to have privieges to lose!!!
                    I don't really care about their privileges in that sense, and I seriously think the french civil servants should have a look on how it works abroad for their own kind before allowing themselves to be the ones blocking all the public services and transports for months and months in a row every single year and causing everybody professional problems (sometimes very very serious here their constant transportations strikes resulted in many many loss of jobs, and it's a fact that employers looking at a resumé who see that the people live in northern suburbs will not even read the resumé further and dump it into the trash, they even say it themselves, why??? because people get stucked up to 5 hours IF there is even a train, without mentionning the hell of money you have to spend in paying your nanny's extra hours cause you come home around 23 pm while you quited at 18.30 for a journey that normally takes 20 minutes) and that just because THEY wanna be retired at 60 instead of 62 (especially when they are granted a life-time job guarantee and a more than ok salary compared to the rest, complete free health care and 50% off holidays for their families). now I don't even dare to mention how it goes when you go to the city hall when you need a copy of your birth certificate or any kind of papers, or if you need help with law or anything (especially if you come at 16.45, they're already closed)
                    you know what Phil? why don't you take our civil servants and I'll make myself a pleasure to have the brittish civil servants over here

Comment

OOOps, Sister..I have to disagree with you !

I'm English, and have lived exactly half my life in England, and half in France now, so I've got experience of both the 'systems' and I have to say that I found that things were much better run in France..

I say 'were' better run, because surely the reason for all those strikes is that
                      things are changing over to a system more like the British, and people are resisting the erosion of their services ? (Sarkozy is a total fan of Tony Blair -who was Right Wing, make no mistake ).

Certainly it was irritating that nothing State run 'worked' on a Wednesday,
                      after 4.30pm, between 12pm-2pm, and from the 14th of July -15th of August -but that was fabulous for working women and family life. French Society was built on those hours, we worked around them, and it was globally better for the quality of life.

We used to have clean trains that ran on time, a Post Office that delivered on time, an excellent free Education. At least if you got to the Town Hall or Tax Office within the hours (!), you quickly got a real person to deal with your problem.

Now we might have trains cut out, a minimum 1/2 hr wait at the PO (if you find one) and are directed to machines, middle class parents defecting to Private Education, and you find yourself directed to an answering machine or email address at the Town Hall & Tax Office (or a frazzled person if you can wait hours in the queue).

How is this better ?

I find administration and state services much more stressful nowadays. I've suffered personally with strikes at my children's school, but I'm behind the strikers -so are most of my friends, I must say.

I know that we'll never go backwards now- but I hope that things never get to the low that they have in the UK.
                      http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Originally posted by Rubyretro View Post
                        OOOps, Sister..I have to disagree with you !

I'm English, and have lived exactly half my life in England, and half in France now, so I've got experience of both the 'systems' and I have to say that I found that things were much better run in France..

I say 'were' better run, because surely the reason for all those strikes is that
                        things are changing over to a system more like the British, and people are resisting the erosion of their services ? (Sarkozy is a total fan of Tony Blair -who was Right Wing, make no mistake ).

Certainly it was irritating that nothing State run 'worked' on a Wednesday,
                        after 4.30pm, between 12pm-2pm, and from the 14th of July -15th of August -but that was fabulous for working women and family life. French Society was built on those hours, we worked around them, and it was globally better for the quality of life.

We used to have clean trains that ran on time, a Post Office that delivered on time, an excellent free Education. At least if you got to the Town Hall or Tax Office within the hours (!), you quickly got a real person to deal with your problem.

Now we might have trains cut out, a minimum 1/2 hr wait at the PO (if you find one) and are directed to machines, middle class parents defecting to Private Education, and you find yourself directed to an answering machine or email address at the Town Hall & Tax Office (or a frazzled person if you can wait hours in the queue).

How is this better ?

I find administration and state services much more stressful nowadays. I've suffered personally with strikes at my children's school, but I'm behind the strikers -so are most of my friends, I must say.

I know that we'll never go backwards now- but I hope that things never get to the low that they have in the UK.
                        Ruby,

The France our parents have known, used to be almost idyllic. and it turned into a disaster when a portion of the workers refuse to do the same little concessions as all the others in order to keep this running well and good. the school demonstrations are much different in what they support and the reasons of their strikes and the reason why the future now looks so damn scary is because of these people refusing to do a little sacrifice.

santé!

Camille

Comment

OK, stop it now. You've wandered a long way from the topic of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
                            OK, stop it now. You've wandered a long way from the topic of this thread.
                            yes sir! but Abberline as the ripper is still nonsense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sister Hyde View Post
                              ...Abberline as the ripper is still nonsense to me.
                              Quite right. To you, and to every other sensible person who hears the idea.

Comment

Abberline Relative?

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                                "And surely other detectives would have noticed his absence if he did go out and murder people?"

Not if he left a cardboard replica of himself at his desk.
                                One of your best, Robert.

Ken, did you read the comments below the article?
                                A woman named Lotus says she is related to Abberline and the family has "diaries and photos".

And I believe the comment by Steve dated 7/8/2011 is by Steve Powell.

Best regards,
                                Archaic

Comment

Working...
                                X