Casebook Examiner Update and Donation Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casebook Examiner Update and Donation Information

Casebook Examiner is currently on hiatus. With the overturn of most of the staff, we are taking a break while we rebuild the team and explore options for a new focus and a new direction.

In happier news, we are pleased to announce a donation of $650 USD to the Eaves foundation in the United Kingdom, which serves women in similar situation as the victims of Whitechapel.

Thank you for all your support.

We subscribers can certainly understand why the editors need to take a break. And what a great choice for a donation! Well done.

Comment

As I am no longer associated with Casebook Examiner I feel I can speak without being accused of special pleading, but I think too little has been made of the fact that in a bit more than a year the magazine contributed nearly $1,000 to a very worthy and quite appropriate charity. As far as I know this is a feat without parallel within the field.
      Don.
      "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

You're damned right Don.

It is something to be especially proud of and every issue was outstanding on its own merit.
        Best Wishes,
        Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Originally posted by Supe View Post
          As I am no longer associated with Casebook Examiner I feel I can speak without being accused of special pleading, but I think too little has been made of the fact that in a bit more than a year the magazine contributed nearly $1,000 to a very worthy and quite appropriate charity. As far as I know this is a feat without parallel within the field.
          Don.
          Hi Don

I endorse your comment, Don. A worthy gesture on the part of Casebook Examiner.

Best regards

Chris
          Christopher T. George
          Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
          just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
          For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
          RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Eaves Website Link

I think the charity was very well chosen.

Here's a link to the Eaves "About Us" page, explaining how they help women escape domestic violence and sex-trafficking and rebuild their lives. http://www.eaves4women.co.uk/About_Us.php

My thanks to everybody at the Examiner whose hard work and dedication made the contribution to Eaves possible.

Best regards,
            Archaic

Comment

Archaic,

My thanks to everybody at the Examiner whose hard work and dedication made the contribution to Eaves possible.

For the record, at one time or another that included: Ali Bevan, Andrew Firth, Bunny McCabe, Caroline Morris, David Pegg, Mark Ripper, Ally and Stephen Ryder, Jennifer Shelden and myself, as well as the many contributors.

Don.
              "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Working...
              X