Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Goulston St Graffito was photographed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with that. Although I really doubt it was written by the killer and as I've said before even if it was written by the killer all it does is prove that the killer was either Jewish or not Jewish.
    Hi John

well I disagree somewhat. I think the events of that night, the ripper being seen by several jewish witnesses, being pissed off about it (lipski!) lends to it being written by a non jewish killer and basically being negative toward jews. and if photographed, the police could use it to compare to other writings from a suspect.

Re bury-Ive seen examples of his handwriting and was impressed by how good it was. Now, not sure if it could be described as "good schoolboy hand", but it is definitely good. and we know he wasn't a jew.

Do we know if Bury ever wrote or said any thing anti jewish??

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      Hi John

well I disagree somewhat. I think the events of that night, the ripper being seen by several jewish witnesses, being pissed off about it (lipski!) lends to it being written by a non jewish killer and basically being negative toward jews. and if photographed, the police could use it to compare to other writings from a suspect.

Re bury-Ive seen examples of his handwriting and was impressed by how good it was. Now, not sure if it could be described as "good schoolboy hand", but it is definitely good. and we know he wasn't a jew.

Do we know if Bury ever wrote or said any thing anti jewish??
      Hi Abbey

We don't know if Bury ever wrote or said anything anti jewish however it seems highly likely Bury wrote chalk messages. I know there are other possibilities for the writer of the chalk messages at Princes Street but how likely are they? Not very.

Cheers John

Comment

Hi Abbey

We don't know if Bury ever wrote or said anything anti jewish however it seems highly likely Bury wrote chalk messages. I know there are other possibilities for the writer of the chalk messages at Princes Street but how likely are they? Not very.

Cheers John
        That's right! the SOB had chalk righting on his basement door! Never made that connection before. Interesting.

Comment

The same thing would happen as with the MJK pictures. People would blow them up, "enhance" them, and use the results to back up all sorts of pet theories and conspiracies.

Comment

I'm not sure I agree with that. Although I really doubt it was written by the killer and as I've said before even if it was written by the killer all it does is prove that the killer was either Jewish or not Jewish.
            I'm sorry John, but doesn't that cover the entire set of human beings? Or was that your point?

It's too bad it wasn't written in Hebrew or Yiddish or Ladino. But then the constables would have totally ignored it.

Jeff
            Last edited by Mayerling; 12-08-2016, 10:43 AM.

Comment

It said that he was blamed for nothing. He believed he was.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post
                The same thing would happen as with the MJK pictures. People would blow them up, "enhance" them, and use the results to back up all sorts of pet theories and conspiracies.
                Exactly. It would satisfy our curiosity but probably do nothing in regards to telling us anything about who wrote it. And we'd likely have a number of posters insisting it was written by a left hander, and as many posters insisting it had to be written by a right hander.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_c View Post
                  Exactly. It would satisfy our curiosity but probably do nothing in regards to telling us anything about who wrote it. And we'd likely have a number of posters insisting it was written by a left hander, and as many posters insisting it had to be written by a right hander.
                  As I see the sources about the GSG, the concept of the GSG and the sources it is based on is sufficient in itself. There is no need for additional knowledge or material.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                    As I see the sources about the GSG, the concept of the GSG and the sources it is based on is sufficient in itself. There is no need for additional knowledge or material.

Regards, Pierre
                    I agree. It would be a historical curiosity at best. It would add nothing, except some degree of morbid satisfaction.

Comment

Considering the various descriptions of the wording of the GSG, and it`s location, I think a photograph would have been a welcome historical record.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                        Considering the various descriptions of the wording of the GSG, and it`s location, I think a photograph would have been a welcome historical record.
                        If I was the lead on the case I would have photographed it. I would have also photographed every suspect/ male "witness".

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
                          I agree. It would be a historical curiosity at best. It would add nothing, except some degree of morbid satisfaction.
                          Hello Henry,

On this occasion I beg to differ.

A photograph would actually prove a few things and clear up a load of mess.
                          1) The exact wording *there are at least 6/7 different versions. .all police orientated.
                          2) Size of writing
                          3) Exact location
                          4) Composition (blurred or not)

All of the above problems have helped confuse the facts.

Phil
                          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                          Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                            Hello Henry,

1) The exact wording *there are at least 6/7 different versions. .all police orientated.
                            2) Size of writing
                            3) Exact location

Phil
                            The ju--es are not the men that will be blamed for nothing.

If they are blamed they will do something about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                              Hello Henry,

2) Size of writing
                              3) Exact location

Phil
                              Hi Phil, I wouldn't share that optimism. Depending on the type of handwriting it's likely we'd end up with three or four versions of words like Juwes. What would the size of the writing tell us? What would the blurring tell us? Chalk can blur easily, in an instant. It would tell us nothing, nothing that we would all agree on anyway.

And h honestly, when I read threads in which people claim to see signed sketches by Walter Sickert on Mary Kelly's partition wall I'm kind of glad that we don't have more photographic evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_c View Post
                                Strongly suspect Jack was born left handed and switched.
                                Given that a Lecturer might well have chalk in his pocket the weekend before term's start,a match could have been made.
                                Especially a lecturer who had been treating Eddowes and Nichols for over twenty years.
                                Incidentally,have a good look at Stride's bottom lip. That is another piece of Jack's expertise. It is a genetic condition.
                                Chapman had cancer. Ditto.
                                Mary Ann Kelly was a member of his church as a child.
                                Incidentally Jack was partially deaf. If you have a good look at one of his photos,the left ear seems to be cauliflowered.
                                My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Working...
                                X