Age of users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs. E. Nigma View Post
    Well, Paul, it all started when I was 12. My sister was watching a show about JTR, and they showed flashes of the MJK crime scene photos. It scared me pretty bad, but after that it just always seemed unreal to me that someone could have committed such crimes and NEVER be caught.

I just recently started really researching it though. These boards have been a great help. Not that I ever say much though. Sort of intimidating being a newbie among some of the great minds on the case.

Best Wishes and Happy Holidays to All,
    Erynn
    I know how you feel!

Comment

I'm 41. JTR since I was 6. But Casebook/Whitechapel Society etc. since 2006. A newbie, in other words.

Comment

I'm 62
        I have been interested in JTR since 1960 but didn't get to London until 1994.
        I wandered into the Alma on the evening of a cloak & dagger meeting.
        People asked if I was staying for the meeting. I said what meeting and that's where I met many of the people on this site.

Tom

Comment

Im 29 next year...still learning so much about the case and probably will be for the next 50 years...if I live that long.

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
            Yeah, Suzi, ancient.

I'm not far behind you - 1954 me. The sobering thought is that we are both considerably older than Jack's victims. The consolation is that he'd probably leave us well alone.

Love,

Caz &
            XXX

PS What's the difference between Santa and Tiger Woods?

Santa stops at three hos.
            Caz, Suzi,

Very slightly behind you both, 1958 model on the outside, young at heart on the inside here.

Started when I was 11, through the tales from my gran, b.9.8.1888 in the East End. I was fascinated from the word go. Am VERY lucky to have listened to her for about 9 years...we went around the East End a few times in Dad's car...if he drove over 25/30mph, she thought he was a mad driver! But apart from that, she didn't approve of the new high rise tennament flats nor the amount of cars.

Nurse Sarah...50 years is a good estimate... but you will have times when you "lose" interest...and other things take over for longer or shorter periods...
            "love" has something to do with it...hahaha

A Merry Whatsit and a Happy New Oojamaflip to all,
            from a warm cockney blooded "young" man from a cold Southern Norway.

:-)

Phil
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
            Accountability? ....

Comment

Hey Cazzi- LOVED your card- and so did Hubby!!!-
              Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho now in't it!!!! ........and counting!! WHAT about the txtg the other ones when in bed though-......Oooooooh dear!!!!...........amateur!!!! xxx

Have a GREAT Norway thingy Phil xx
              Last edited by Suzi; 12-16-2009, 11:18 PM.
              'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

I have you beat for being the youngest, I'm 19.

Comment

I'm 52, but got started reading everything I could about JTR about the time I was 10. What got me started was an old B&W movie, one of the versions of "The Lodger" as I recall.

Dan
                  "Extremely difficult. Virtually impossible - However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..." - Brice Linch: Max Headroom
                  Dan L Hollifield
                  Senior Editor/Publisher: Aphelion Webzine
                  http://www.aphelion-webzine.com

Comment

I am 29. 30 on the 12 March and not really looking forward to it!
                    In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Whatever your age, one spoon of olive oil every morning.
                      Then you can have coffee.
                      Or a nice soup with red wine and mustard.

Comment

My grandmother used to make me take a spoon of cod liver oil every day.

Comment

That certainly brightened your mornings!

Comment

I'm 25

Comment

hello

I'm old, old, old......48
                              Just happy to be alive.

Comment

I'm 20 years old, but I got on here several years ago.
                                "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

Working...
                                X