No announcement yet.

True Crime Media Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got it and it's a good book. My only criticism is that there are no photos. Try ordering it again Stan

Comment

• Originally posted by belinda View Post
      I've got it and it's a good book. My only criticism is that there are no photos. Try ordering it again Stan
      Hi Belinda. Was it well-researched and professionally written? I recently ordered a book on the Oklahoma Girl Scout murders and while it appears to have been well-researched, it was horribly written, so I stopped reading it early on. We take our chances in the modern world of self-publishing, but then, Frank Spiering published 'Prince Jack' 35 years ago, so bad books are nothing new, I suppose.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• If you guys want to read an excellent and chilling true crime book, I recommend Trace Evidence by Bruce Henderson. It's about the I-5 Strangler.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• The author has written a lot of true crime books. It seems well researched and plenty of notes.

Comment

• Yes, I have had some email exchanges with him and contributed to one of his publications for which he gave me a thanks in the book's forward.
            This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I don't have cable or satellite but I see that the Lifetime movie about Lizzie Borden is scheduled to debut on the network Saturday evening, January 25. Hope to hear some reviews. Christina Ricci can certainly look creepy enough for Lizzie but from the trailers she looks too sexy for Lizzie, that is if you are going for accuracy.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Did anyone see the new Lizzie movie?

Stan Reid

Comment

• I'll have to wait for the Bluray

Stan Reid

Comment

• Save your money, Stan.

It was inaccurate on several points and the background music
                    was hard rock.

Liv

Comment

• OK thanks Livia. I was a slightly concerned that Christina Ricci might be a little too sexy for the part but she does have the crazy eyes going anyway. At least she's approaching sexy when she fattens up to a size 2.
                      Last edited by sdreid; 03-13-2014, 01:39 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Does anyone get good use finding true crime movies on this site?

Stan Reid

Comment

• I see that Frozen Ground is supposedly available in discs for rent and purchase now.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                            Did anyone see the new Lizzie movie?
                            According to a catalog I received in the mail, it's now available on discs.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Secrets of Scotland Yard a one hour program tonite at 7 PM Central 8 Eastern on PBS which is the Public Broadcasting System in the US.

"Trailblazing techniques to arrest perpetrators" say the listing

That's two (2) hours from now. It says a re-airing so some of you may have seen it already. I'm gonna watch

Roy
                              Sink the Bismark

Comment

• Thanks Roy. Did I black out or did they leave Nichols out?

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X