No announcement yet.

Favorite suspect/s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C'mon the rest of you suspectologists. Dish! Who's your guy?
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Bury sounds interesting but I'm firmly in the camp that at least some of the torso victims were killed by Jack. I feel if we are going to make some "breakthrough" it will probably be in the torso cases which have been oft overlooked and not researched anywhere near as throughly.

If I had to stick to just the C5 Bury probably has the strongest case so far. Unfortunately I still believe we don't know the name of Jack or his name has been mentioned briefly but we simply can't connect the dots due to lack of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Dane_F View Post
        Bury sounds interesting but I'm firmly in the camp that at least some of the torso victims were killed by Jack. I feel if we are going to make some "breakthrough" it will probably be in the torso cases which have been oft overlooked and not researched anywhere near as throughly.

If I had to stick to just the C5 Bury probably has the strongest case so far. Unfortunately I still believe we don't know the name of Jack or his name has been mentioned briefly but we simply can't connect the dots due to lack of evidence.
        I feel similarly about the Torso murders. When you consider that the Whitehall victim may have been killed on the same week as Annie Chapman, and both victims had their uterus removed, that's got to be more than an eerie coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
          Yup. Death by strangulation and attack to the abdomen slicing open the stomach with a knife post mortem. Sound pretty similar to me.
          Er...except that none of the canonicals died from strangulation, but from massive cuts to the throat.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
            I feel similarly about the Torso murders. When you consider that the Whitehall victim may have been killed on the same week as Annie Chapman, and both victims had their uterus removed, that's got to be more than an eerie coincidence.
            Agree with both you and Dane

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
              Er...except that none of the canonicals died from strangulation, but from massive cuts to the throat.
              Several of them had evidence of strangulation as did Tabram. And if not killed then at least brought to unconsciousness.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

The Whitehall torso didn't have the uterus "removed", as far as can be known.... except in the sense that everything below the waist was removed. An arm and a lower leg were recovered separately, but the pelvis was never found, so whether or not the uterus was still inside it can only be speculated at.

Comment

Several of them had evidence of strangulation as did Tabram.
                  Was a rope involved?
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Several of them had evidence of strangulation as did Tabram. And if not killed then at least brought to unconsciousness.
                    True enough. But in my book there's a massive difference between strangling someone to death (with a rope, as Sam says) vs choking someone unconscious and then trying to cut their head off.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                      in my book there's a massive difference between strangling someone to death (with a rope, as Sam says) vs choking someone unconscious and then trying to cut their head off.
                      Simple and clear!

Those who don't accept this, they just DON'T want to, because they have a specific suspect in their minds..

Thank you.

Rainbow°

Comment

Why did bury, if his wife is already dead by strangulation, feel the need to cut her abdomen to the point where her guts are hanging out?

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                          Was a rope involved?
                          As the throats were cut (sometimes twice), we might not necessarily know if a ligature was used. Also, one of the Whitechapel victims (Mylett) was definitely strangled.

Comment

As the throats were cut (sometimes twice), we might not necessarily know if a ligature was used. Also, one of the Whitechapel victims (Mylett) was definitely strangled.
                            You may be right, but I believe medical opinion was divided in the case of Mylett

Comment

Our problem is that there are Whitechapel murders, and then there are Ripper murders.
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                                Was a rope involved?
                                There is evidence that a ligature was involved in several of the C5.

Comment

Working...
                                X