Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Hutchinson, George: The Enigma That Is Richard Blake - by RockySullivan 1 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by Wickerman 1 hour and 18 minutes ago.
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by Joshua Rogan 2 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by Wickerman 2 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by Wickerman 2 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - (48 posts)
Hutchinson, George: The Enigma That Is Richard Blake - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Media > Audio -- Visual

Old 01-31-2017, 03:46 AM
Detective

Default Time after Time (TV Series)

ABC are launching a TV series based on the 1979 film...due out in March 2017.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5031234/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Trailer here...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSOdegKhRbw

Looks promising...the film is great fun and well worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:20 PM
Chief Inspector

I'm definitely looking forward to it! Loved the movie, and the little I've seen of the series is very stylish. Hope they end up chasing Jack thru different eras.
---------------
Old 03-06-2017, 05:54 AM
Detective

The pilot episode is streaming on Hulu currently.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:29 PM
Chief Inspector

The first two episodes aired on ABC last night (Sunday, 3-5-17), but we're going to watch it later. We were finishing up "Victoria", which ran against it.
---------------
Old 03-08-2017, 01:07 PM
Detective

Thanks for the heads up on the series.
I don't know how many episodes this will be but from experience with other films turned into TV I would hope a season at most. Past a season and the story gets so convoluted to the point of ridiculous that I stop watching them.
I find the same usually goes for games and films with multiple sequels.

edit
There are 3 pages of reviews and none of them good on the 1st page. Didn't read the other 2 pages. Strange that there's a 7.2 score at the top. Maybe the other 2 pages are good reviews.
And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral then into meaning when we will not.
We will not.

Last edited by Ozzy : 03-08-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:00 AM
Sergeant

Well two episodes in and I'm still torn....I want so very much to like it....but....well, why must TV cast young well built men who seem to go topless more than Putin on every show....sure not a big deal but does anyone really think these toffs would have gym rat bodies???...and I love the strong independent female who judges men by how "cute" they are.....like she is in Jr. High school......and well the "today I'm an amateur" scene which is so chilling in the film...even after multiple viewings....seemed to be a filler throw away scene.....maybe the film wasn't that good and we were all just blinded by Mcdowell and Warner (can't blame us) and we see now...that with....well ...less talented actors it's just ok..

I'll give it a few more episodes and hope for the best....am also a little tired of the "does every American have guns" joke....and a I am a pro gun control guy (not ban...control, calm down folks)

Steadmund Brand
Old 03-13-2017, 04:49 AM
Detective

I got the first three sitting here but holding it off mainly due to the horrendous reviews. Apparently acting is good, plot if awful. Of course I prefer to make up my own mind but I think I'll leave this one till it's 'complete' and watch an episode an night in one go.
You can't please everyone..... I think the new Lethal Weapon is great but it's got some horrible reviews also...
Old 03-13-2017, 05:44 AM
Chief Inspector

I got caught up on this series yesterday, and then watched the newest episode. I think Bowman is a tad too young for H.G. Wells, especially after he shaved his mousthace. The other dude playing the Ripper is handsome enough, but doesn't seem to have Warner's menace. Jane is all right. I'm not sure where they're going with the supposed descendant of Wells and her husband the Senator. And as for the mysterious red-haired woman who has tied down the Ripper in her basement-- well, that's a twist!

The Time Machine is great, very steam-punky, but if they keep needing to fix it as a plot device, in order to keep it out of service, that could get old very quickly. Also telling Herbert George that "you haven't written that book yet"... sigh. However, props to a televison show for even mentioning books!
---------------
Old 03-21-2017, 05:10 AM
Sergeant

ok I am three episodes in now... and I will admit... I am kinda sucked in.....Still haven't changed my views on anything I said before, but just curious where they want to take this...seems a bit.. convoluted to say the least

Steadmund Brand
Old 03-21-2017, 11:23 AM
Detective

Steadmund:

I've gotten sucked in, too, if only to see how these convoluted story lines resolve. It kind of has the appeal of a soap opera but with blood, violence, and time travel.

PS. I think Jane was badly miscast. Mary Steenburgen was so believable in the role, but he new Jane just irritates me.