Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Non-Ripper Books by Ripper Authors: Mob Town by John Bennett - by Abby Normal 1 hour and 7 minutes ago.
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - by jmenges 2 hours ago.
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - by MrBarnett 2 hours ago.
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - by MrBarnett 2 hours ago.
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - by jmenges 3 hours ago.
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - by Abby Normal 3 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - (83 posts)
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - (21 posts)
Martha Tabram: Probibility of Martha Tabram Being a JtR Victim - (12 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: Was Jack caught by London underworld? - (4 posts)
General Discussion: Jack's early inspiration? - (2 posts)
General Discussion: IWEC members - (2 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Letters and Communications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-18-2016, 01:29 PM
David Orsam David Orsam is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,914
Default Last Christmas

"Last Christmas he found JTR
But the very next day Gogmagog got away"


With apologies to George Michael
__________________
Orsam Books
www.orsam.co.uk
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-18-2016, 01:55 PM
Pierre Pierre is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Orsam View Post
"Last Christmas he found JTR
But the very next day Gogmagog got away"


With apologies to George Michael
Have yourself a merry little Christmas
in the Orsam way
Let your posts
destroy what all the posters say
Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Make the forum gay
Let your posts
enlighten us the Orsam way

Here all are as in olden days
happy ripper days! Blood! Gore!
Some faithful friend and a smiling face -
such will soon be here no more

Through the years they learned how to avoid you
and your evil cause
Put a shining star then on that blog of yours
And have yourself a merry little Christmas Ors
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-18-2016, 02:05 PM
David Orsam David Orsam is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,914
Default

" This year to save me from tears
I'll only read posts with no 'presents' "


With further apologies to George Michael
__________________
Orsam Books
www.orsam.co.uk
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-19-2016, 03:04 AM
Elamarna Elamarna is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South london
Posts: 3,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
The writing found on the wall in Goulston Street on the night of the double event 1888 has been the subject for discussion for a long time. During this time it has been misinterpreted and misunderstood.

There has also been a discussion about whether the Whitechapel killer wrote it or not. If he did - why did he write it? What did he want to say?

You will get a small historical Xmas present soon. The present will explain the Goulston Street Graffito.

Regards, Pierre
Hi Pierre

If you really have some information which you believe to true with regards to the GSG then post it.

If however all you are about to post is hints and no detail there is no point in doing so.

It would be very nice if you did actually have some information backed by data rather than opinion.


Steve
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-19-2016, 06:21 AM
Pierre Pierre is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post
Hi Pierre

If you really have some information which you believe to true with regards to the GSG then post it.

If however all you are about to post is hints and no detail there is no point in doing so.

It would be very nice if you did actually have some information backed by data rather than opinion.


Steve
Hi Steve,

There is a new piece of data, a new source.

Regards, Pierre
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-19-2016, 07:45 AM
Patrick S Patrick S is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 976
Default

I rarely participate in Pierre threads. But, there's a question that keeps nagging. I have to ask Pierre why he feels compelled to announce that 'something is coming'? Why must there be some lead-up? Why not just post what you think you have and be done with it? Seems rather silly.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-19-2016, 07:51 AM
Harry D Harry D is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
I rarely participate in Pierre threads. But, there's a question that keeps nagging. I have to ask Pierre why he feels compelled to announce that 'something is coming'? Why must there be some lead-up? Why not just post what you think you have and be done with it? Seems rather silly.
Self-explanatory, surely? Pierre craves the attention which many Casebookers are all too willing to feed him.
__________________
Hail to the king, baby!
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-19-2016, 10:26 AM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
The writing found on the wall in Goulston Street on the night of the double event 1888 has been the subject for discussion for a long time. During this time it has been misinterpreted and misunderstood.

There has also been a discussion about whether the Whitechapel killer wrote it or not. If he did - why did he write it? What did he want to say?

You will get a small historical Xmas present soon. The present will explain the Goulston Street Graffito.

Regards, Pierre
make sure you save the receipt
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-19-2016, 11:06 AM
Michael W Richards Michael W Richards is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
The writing found on the wall in Goulston Street on the night of the double event 1888 has been the subject for discussion for a long time. During this time it has been misinterpreted and misunderstood.

There has also been a discussion about whether the Whitechapel killer wrote it or not. If he did - why did he write it? What did he want to say?

You will get a small historical Xmas present soon. The present will explain the Goulston Street Graffito.

Regards, Pierre
For me the translation that makes most sense is one based on the premise that the writer was the killer in Mitre Square, but not in Berner Street. The author believes that Jews are not being held responsible for things they are doing, and suggests that "the Jews are not the men that will not be blamed for nothing.....and "for nothing" equals " for no reason".

Its anti-Semitic, and at the entrance to where 90 plus percent of the population is Immigrant Jew,...so that's why it was ordered erased.
__________________
Michael Richards
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-19-2016, 01:09 PM
Harry D Harry D is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael W Richards View Post
For me the translation that makes most sense is one based on the premise that the writer was the killer in Mitre Square, but not in Berner Street. The author believes that Jews are not being held responsible for things they are doing, and suggests that "the Jews are not the men that will not be blamed for nothing.....and "for nothing" equals " for no reason".

Its anti-Semitic, and at the entrance to where 90 plus percent of the population is Immigrant Jew,...so that's why it was ordered erased.
Agree with your interpretation of its meaning, don't agree that it was left by the killer.
__________________
Hail to the king, baby!
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.