Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Goulston Street Graffito: The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL - by Wickerman 24 minutes ago.
Goulston Street Graffito: The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL - by harry 46 minutes ago.
Goulston Street Graffito: The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL - by Wickerman 1 hour and 10 minutes ago.
Goulston Street Graffito: The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL - by Wickerman 1 hour and 21 minutes ago.
Goulston Street Graffito: The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL - by Wickerman 2 hours ago.
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - by Mike J. G. 2 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - (92 posts)
Goulston Street Graffito: The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL - (51 posts)
Annie Chapman: Annie's scarf - (2 posts)
General Discussion: Slang terms - (1 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: East End Photographs and Drawings - (1 posts)
Shades of Whitechapel: Were Belle Elmore’s remains that proved she wasn’t related to her living relatives an - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Social Chat > Other Mysteries

Old 04-09-2010, 09:28 AM

Robert Stack was wonderful.

Trivia

His daughter lived near here in the 1980s and he would give interviews on the local Radio Station on a regular basis.
He was a really nice man. Much missed
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Commisioner

UM was the best show ever on TV! They did the Torso Case twice. The first time was straight and the other folded in the Dahlia angle.

Stan Reid
Old 04-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Detective

Yeah I've seen every original epsiode of Unsolved Mysteries ,man, it was so great, Robert Stack was perfect on that show you can only really describe it as magic. They recently brought it back and reformatted it with Dennis Farina as the host and while good, its just not the same. I think they should use the original format and get someone like Leonard Nemoy in there with some new cases and updates. But I doubt it will be as good as the original its hard to catch lightning in a bottle twice.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Cadet

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 10-06-2014, 01:29 AM
Inspector

It stuck out to me how there was a Marijuana cigarette in the bloody railway car near murder swamp and Andrassey likely sold marijuana. I'm surprised they couldn't pinpoint any common figures but then again nearly everyone was Unidentified. The murder swamp & kings bury run are obviously the work of one killer it's a shock the author badel won't admit it but it doesn't match his suspect. Authors can be so shallow in the end.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:50 PM
Commisioner

This coming Sunday, May 3, is the 75th anniversary of the finding of the three headless victims in the boxcars at McKees Rocks, PA. Indications were that the victims were likely killed in Youngstown, OH during the previous December. Two of the victims were never identified but one man was James Nicholson, an individual described as a homosexual drifter. None of the heads were ever found.

Stan Reid
Old 05-05-2015, 11:18 AM
Premium Member
Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdreid View Post
This coming Sunday, May 3, is the 75th anniversary of the finding of the three headless victims in the boxcars at McKees Rocks, PA. Indications were that the victims were likely killed in Youngstown, OH during the previous December. Two of the victims were never identified but one man was James Nicholson, an individual described as a homosexual drifter. None of the heads were ever found.
I was interested in Elliot Ness and read Torso. Great book.
Old 12-25-2016, 09:56 AM
Inspector

Default Cca

Robert Robertson was found in a lumberyard Norris Brothers in 1950. I've alwyays thought the Butcher was the one sunbathing on the spot where they found the body, but now I realize it was probably Robertson. So who would have been watching him for weeks?

Now there is a poster who suggests chromated copper arsenate is the chemical the Butcher used. It's used for wood preservation. So the question is, could someone who worked in the lumberyard killed Robertson, maybe unable to resist one last kill after his "retirement"? I don't know anything about lumber, but could someone who worked at Norris Bros been aware of CCA while the police were unable to identify it in the mid 30's? Lastly, what is the relationship between lumber and the rail lines? I imagine lumber would be hauled by train back then from PA to OH yea?
Old 02-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Inspector

Does anybody else think the connection between the lumberyard and cca could be a clue? I'm reading the new book on the PA Torso murders, highly recommend it for anyone interested!
Old 02-09-2017, 03:53 AM
Inspector

Due to the copper content, CCA gives a distinctive green tinge to wood. Is there any evidence for that on the bodies? If I recall, some had a reddish brown look, but not green.