Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - by John G 3 minutes ago.
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - by Mike J. G. 27 minutes ago.
Goulston Street Graffito: The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL - by Elamarna 35 minutes ago.
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - by Joshua Rogan 39 minutes ago.
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - by Mike J. G. 40 minutes ago.
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - by Mike J. G. 45 minutes ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - (76 posts)
Goulston Street Graffito: The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL - (59 posts)
General Discussion: General Victoriana - (2 posts)
Conferences and Meetings: American Jack the Ripper - True Crime Conference, Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018 - (1 posts)
Shades of Whitechapel: Were Belle Elmore’s remains that proved she wasn’t related to her living relatives an - (1 posts)
Shades of Whitechapel: H.H. Holmes to be exhumed! - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Social Chat > Other Mysteries

Old 02-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Superintendent

Default Madeleine McCann

I set about retrieving the Cached thread from Google but when I found it there were several posts about the number of posts and only two posts concentrating on the case.

Those two posts were links to newspapers which we can easily post again.

So here it is, possibly the most visited and discussed thread about poor little Madeleine McCann.

Background
Madeleine was abducted on 3rd May 2007 in Praia da Luz, Portugal, 9 days before her 4th birthday. She was taken from the families holiday apartment where she was sleeping with her younger brother and sister whilst her parents and parents friends were dining 50 yards away. Despite a massive investigation led by the Portuguese police and supported by the British police, we still do not know who has taken her, why she was taken or where she is. In addition, private investigators based in Spain are now following up any leads regarding Madeleine’s disappearance.

There have been numerous leads, and so far three people have been suspected,
Robert Murat,
Mr Gerry McCann,
Mrs Kate McCann,

There were rumours that the Portugese Police had DNA evidence linking the parents to the case, but because of the law in Portugal none of this is forthcoming.

The family hired several public lianson officers to co-ordinate campaigns and publicity, but to no avail.

Here is the McCanns official "Find Maddy" site.
http://www.findmadeleine.com/

I know she may never be found alive, but we can all have hope.

Mike
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Superintendent

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you,

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...308414,00.html

McCanns to sue newspapers!!

Perhaps a total news blackout would work better.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:01 AM
Cadet

Thumbs up Grrrrreat news!!!

I was so happy to hear today that Shannon Matthews was found alive and safe. Hope they cut that guys b---s off.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Inactive

Default Not so fast..............

Am I the only one who things there is something a bit odd about the Shannon case?
Old 03-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Inactive

Nope.....I do to.

Near relatives, uncles of stepfathers, and so on.

p
Old 03-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Superintendent

Several weird statements have been released,

"A Local saw the girl 1 day after she went missing in the area"
Why no alarm?

"A Local heard a little girls laughter comming from the accused's property"

Again, why no alarm, and does this sound like someone trapped against their will?

"Two Police Officers first visited the flat, moments before calling the backup"

So why only now, I though "All Relatives" were spoken to?

It just doesn't add up at all.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Banned

Mike and Bob:

What exactly doesn´t add up ?

The little girl was found inside the man´s house and hidden inside the drawer of a bed designed to store things, the cops kicked the door and made their way inside the house, when the man failed to answer the door.

The neighbours are jubilant that she was found alive after 3 weeks of her disappearance and the leaflets were all burnt in celebration after Shannon was found. She was found ALIVE Shouldn´t you rejoice ?

I´m absolutely delighted with the outcome.

Oh I´m sure you would have prefered the parents had been investigated to death for bad parenting probably thrown in to jail on suspicion of having killed their own daughter.

We have seen this warped thinking before.

Luckily the British police are brilliant and took all the leads seriously to come up with the happy outcome. If this investigation had been left to the incompetent Portuguese police... we would still be looking for this little girl right now.

"Common sense is the least common of the senses." Espinoza
Old 03-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Superintendent

I totally agree Maria, it's perfectly normal for a Stepfather's Uncle to kidnap and hold child at will!! Nothing mysterious at all!!:confused:
Old 03-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Banned

Mike:

I´m sorry Mike. I meant to say Lars, not you. No need to get angry at me if I misunderstood your words. o.k. ?

It is just that at the Mc Cann´s thread Bob was saying the parents should be jailed on suspition of killing their daughter and the cops should be concentrating on them and not in the person who has abducted Maddie. Mr. Pee was saying the same thing as Bob. Mr Pee was saying that the parents killed her and they were trying to protect their professional reputations, which is an awful and callous thing to say about them.

- Maria

Last edited by Maria : 03-16-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Superintendent

Morning Maria,

Having lived in Dewsbury for over a year, I was attracted to the case of little Shannon, and know the area, and many of it's people well.

It is a former pit town, with several mills which closed forcing many of the locals into unemployment.

Add to that a growing influx of Asians, (parts of the town are asian only) and tensions become stretched.

In the area were I was fortunate to work, which was only minutes from Shannon's mums house, the community was so close nit every night at the pub was like a family party, with little or no trouble. I worked at the only pub on the estate, which became packed every night.

When the girl went missing people will begin to draw comparisons with the Mccann Case, and draw their own conclusions, but several statements regarding the Shannon Case bugged me,

Several of her school friends, saw her crying and upset, these were the last people to speak to her.

Then there was the graffiti which she had written at her mums house stating she hated her mum, and wanted to be with her dad.

Then there was the statement made that she had run from home before and even had a little den she had built to escape to.

Then we have the neighbours of the accused who saw the girl the day after everyone else, and did nothing about it.

The neighbour who heard a girl laughing but did nothing of it.

It was only the third neighbour who heard a little girls footsteps and reported it, as the accused had, had both his children taken from him.

The police stated that Shannon was under a Police Protection order, from who? They have their man don't they??

When something happens in a community like that, everyone knows about it.