12:45 am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post
    From what I read "cleaning among the Jews" meant doing chores for Jewish families who observed the sabbath. So it would give some work, but only once a week, in places like the Rothschild housing complex, or Wentworth Model Housing.
    I believe that that Saturday signaled the beginning of the high holidays that year, perhaps the club was planning a dinner to celebrate that and needed the club to be spruced up. We also know that she cleaned for the landlady that afternoon. So she was, as she claimed, actively cleaning for money leading up to that night.

I believe only Mrs Diemshitz and one other unnamed charwoman were at the club at the time of the murder, maybe they added another charwoman due to the large crowd expected...it was originally scheduled to have William Morris as the speaker and that caused some stir locally...and they also may have added security because of that. Maybe a hired goon got rejected and as Liz insulted him and tried to walk out the gates,

The manner in which she was killed would support that kind of altercation, so would the other evidence. A 2 second loss of self control.
    Michael Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
      I believe only Mrs Diemshitz and one other unnamed charwoman
      The un-surnamed Mila.

Comment

• Living in one of the yard houses

Milly Korwitz 23 General Servant Kalish (Could me Mila?)

Pat...

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Milly Korwitz 23 General Servant Kalish (Could me Mila?)
          Is "Kalish" her birthplace? If so, that's probably Kalisz (the town and/or district) in Poland, the germanicised form of which is "Kalisch", where many of the Kosminski clan originated.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Good spot Paddy!
            Mila was described as "the servant at the club", so it certainly seems plausible that they were one and the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
              Is "Kalish" her birthplace? If so, that's probably Kalisz (the town and/or district) in Poland, the germanicised form of which is "Kalisch", where many of the Kosminski clan originated.
              Interesting footnote Sam.
              Michael Richards

Comment

Working...
              X