No announcement yet.

True Crime Media Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Howard Unruh started off the berserk gunman murders (13) spree craze in 1949. He just died a little over a year ago. Unruh was 88 and had been incarcerated for over 60 years. I've seen some accounts which claim that the 1952 movie The Sniper was inspired by the Unruh rampage. That one is recommended by me.
    Last edited by sdreid; 03-22-2011, 03:09 AM.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• There are also songs about Unruh by a couple of doom metal bands.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
        I've seen some accounts which claim that the 1952 movie The Sniper was inspired by the Unruh rampage.
        The story actually occurs in San Francisco and you'd swear it was based on Zodiac until you notice it was made in 1952.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Since the movie wasn't about Zodiac then you have to wonder if maybe Zodiac might have been about the movie.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I've heard that America's Most Wanted is being canceled after three more episodes so we just have tonight, June 11 and June 18, if that's true. Sorry to see it go.

Stan Reid

Comment

I've heard that America's Most Wanted is being canceled after three more episodes so we just have tonight, June 11 and June 18, if that's true. Sorry to see it go.
              The press release I read a couple weeks back said that it's ending as a series, but they will still be producing 4-6 specials per year.
              “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• Well that's good news anyway. Thanks Magpie.

Stan Reid

Comment

• When I first heard the announcement, I do remember the possibility of syndication mentioned, then there are other channels also especially on cable.

Stan Reid

Comment

• According to the Wiki entry, the program is being reduced to four 2 hour episodes a year so we are going from 44 hours a year down to 8 hours annually.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The Crippin Case is on Secrets of the Dead, the PBS program, Wednesday.

Stan Reid

Comment

According to the Wiki entry, the program is being reduced to four 2 hour episodes a year so we are going from 44 hours a year down to 8 hours annually.

According to the updated Wiki, the first 2 hour special episode of AMW will be broadcast on October 29 of 2011.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Again, that's a Saturday.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Supposedly, the regular America's Most Wanted is going to be on Lifetime Network. I don't know when it will start. The quarterly two hour specials are still supposed to air on Fox.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Check your local listings but at least here all three episodes of the Ken Burns Prohibition series are playing back to back on PBS overnight tonight. It's pretty good although I wish he'd covered the gangster angle a little more.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The Fox America's Most Wanted special was on a week ago. As I recall, the next one is on December 17.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X