September 24th Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
    That's precisely what Cornwell claimed she did, but fails to give us any details. And given her track record for accuracy, I'm inclined to take her story with a grain of salt until it's confirmed by an outside source.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
    Absolutely agree. Admire her for putting up her own money but... Needs confirmation by outside sources.
    http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

blacked out

Do we know who blacked out the writing and drawings on this letter- the author or the police? Thanks.

Comment

Hello Serya

Welcome to the boards...it was the author, as is very clear from the actual letter itself which may be seen illustrated in the first chapter (Page 7 of the edition I've got) of JtR Letters from Hell by Stewart Evans and Keith Skinner...It's a very sound book and if you've an interest in all the letters, I'd recommend it...

All the best

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks and Hi. I have a scan of the pages in front of me, and see small writing around the blacked out parts that seems to be the same as the other writing indicating that it was written around the "coffin" etc blacked-out shapes, so I see what you mean, especially the "so and so" written around the 'name'. Hard to explain unless it was blacked out by the author and then written around afterwards.

I guess the author could have chickened out and his real name is under there, or liked the idea of people thinking there is a real name under there where there is none and it is all a joke. Or the name and place of work written there by a disgruntled fellow employee who got cold feet before sending it off. You'd have to really have one helluva grudge against a coworker if that were the case.

Comment

Hi Serya

Not having seen the real thing, my guess (and nothing more) is that there's nothing meaningful under there and it's just a tease...but it is only a guess!

All the best

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X