Miadens of the Night Published

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miadens of the Night Published

Fictional character Michelle Finlay from my earlier novel The Governess and the Stalker establishes a refuge for the prostitutes of Edinburgh, and she comes across some distasteful practices. Michelle devotes much time and energy in her campaign to end these practices, while establishing a refuge for prostitutes in Glasgow. Parallel to this Mary Kelly's common-law husband is killed, and as a young widow she's unable to make ends meet on the pitiful wages paid to women at the time. Mary Kelly's striking good looks lead to her being recruited to a brothel in the West End of London, while Michelle sets up a refuge for prostitutes in Whitechapel.

We will never know who she was, her real age or perhaps her real name, but we know enough about life for working class women at the time. Maidens in the Night is available as an ebook or print on demand from the publisher, Wings ePress. I hope that you enjoy it.

Quality eBooks and print books since 2001

G'day and congratulations from one Aussie to another.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I have had two five-star Goodreads reviews on this novel, which I am plesed about. 'The second story line of Mary Kelly is quite astounding, and for the first time we live and breathe the air of one of many of her time. Mary Kelly’s story had to be real, because it is very much a case of fact being stranger than fiction. '

The manuscript was read by two beta readers and they both enjoyed the story and had very little to offer in the way of improvement, so the story was left as written which is rare. One of my readers wanted Mary to live, shades of the film 'From Hell', but that was never going to happen. As a character in a fiction novel she was quite difficult to write, especially her 'Black Mary' side. But when you get a character working for you then you can do it.

Comment

Maidens in the Night is now available on Amazon for Kindle http://www.amazon.com/Maidens-Night-...s+in+the+night

Comment

Also available at Barnes and Noble for epub ereaders

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/maid...=2940149625840

Comment

Working...
          X