Chinese Ripper arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Ripper arrested

A man alleged to have killed and raped 11 women and girls over more than a decade is caught by police in northern China.

This is interesting, Joshua! Here is part of the article:
    An alleged serial killer, who is accused of raping and murdering 11 female victims in northern China over more than a decade, has been captured by police, say local reports.
    Gao Chengyong, called China's "Jack the Ripper", was detained at a grocery store he runs with his wife.
    He admitted to the killings, which took place between 1988 and 2002, according to the Ministry of Public Security.
    The 52-year-old is a married father of two.
    Police say Mr Gao targeted young women dressed in red and followed them home, where he would rape and kill them, often cutting their throat and mutilating their bodies.

So! A married man and a father. He starts killing at the age of 24. He stops killing at the age of 38. He cuts throats and mutilates.

Now, who does this remind me of...? Ah, I remember now. Some carman, who was 24 when the first torso murder occurred and 40 when the last torso murder went down, who was a married man and a father, who stands accused of cutting throats and mutilating.

Then again, he would never have stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
      This is interesting, Joshua! Here is part of the article:
      An alleged serial killer, who is accused of raping and murdering 11 female victims in northern China over more than a decade, has been captured by police, say local reports.
      Gao Chengyong, called China's "Jack the Ripper", was detained at a grocery store he runs with his wife.
      He admitted to the killings, which took place between 1988 and 2002, according to the Ministry of Public Security.
      The 52-year-old is a married father of two.
      Police say Mr Gao targeted young women dressed in red and followed them home, where he would rape and kill them, often cutting their throat and mutilating their bodies.

So! A married man and a father. He starts killing at the age of 24. He stops killing at the age of 38. He cuts throats and mutilates.

Now, who does this remind me of...? Ah, I remember now. Some carman, who was 24 when the first torso murder occurred and 40 when the last torso murder went down, who was a married man and a father, who stands accused of cutting throats and mutilating.

Then again, he would never have stopped.
      interesting parallel there Fish.
      "Is all that we see or seem
      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

I see the BBC doesn't know how to use quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
          I see the BBC doesn't know how to use quotes.
          The BBC has been sprinkling spurious quotes throughout their headlines and articles, apparently at random, for years now.
          - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
            interesting parallel there Fish.
            I think so - not so much because I cannot accept myself that serialists can stop or lay dormant for many a year, but many others seem to have problems taking such a thing on board.
            Some even think that married family fathers are guaranteed to be pillars of society, who it is unethical to regards as potential serialists.

This Chinese guy makes for useful reasing for people with these misgivings.

Comment

I think so - not so much because I cannot accept myself that serialists can stop or lay dormant for many a year, but many others seem to have problems taking such a thing on board.
              Some even think that married family fathers are guaranteed to be pillars of society, who it is unethical to regards as potential serialists.

This Chinese guy makes for useful reasing for people with these misgivings.
              Didn't Lechmere also go on to run a store ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                Didn't Lechmere also go on to run a store ?
                Indeed he did - and it was a grocery store too. So if we can only establish that men who run grocery stores are eviscerating serialists, we´re home and dry!

The killer used to be a migrant laborer, and Asia Pacific writes:
                "China’s huge population of migrant workers affords some of the country’s most notorious mass killers the cover they need to elude capture for years."
                Last edited by Fisherman; 08-30-2016, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Indeed he did - and it was a grocery store too. So if we can only establish that men who run grocery stores are eviscerating serialists, we´re home and dry!
                  Thanks Christer.
                  Lots of background commonalities there .. age, profession, marital status ..

I will be more careful in future when I complain about the price of fags to the guy in my local shop.

Comment

Interesting report, but the story said he killed young women dressed in red, then later mentions his youngest victim was only eight years old. Rather a broad interpretation of "women", not that it matters that much, I suppose.

Where did his hatred of women (and girls) come from? In a crime drama, they would speculate he had been abused in childhood by his mother and elder sister, who both favored the color red. Too bad real life isn't that tidy...
                    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                    ---------------
                    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                    ---------------

Comment

Just like Rader, this guy was able to spread his victims out over a longer period of the time, whereas the "Ripper" murdered at least five victims in a twelve week period. Therein lies the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                        Thanks Christer.
                        Lots of background commonalities there .. age, profession, marital status ..

I will be more careful in future when I complain about the price of fags to the guy in my local shop.
                        That may well be a clever approach. Ever considered giving up smoking on the whole?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                          Just like Rader, this guy was able to spread his victims out over a longer period of the time, whereas the "Ripper" murdered at least five victims in a twelve week period. Therein lies the difference.
                          You THINK the difference lies in there. But you do not know how many people the Ripper killed, do you? If the torsos are to be added, the spectrum changes dramatically.

Any idea whether the Chinese killer always killed at a steady rate or if he had intense killing periods, broken off by more placid years...?

Comment

Ever considered giving up smoking on the whole?
                            Every day.

Comment

You THINK the difference lies in there. But you do not know how many people the Ripper killed, do you? If the torsos are to be added, the spectrum changes dramatically.

Any idea whether the Chinese killer always killed at a steady rate or if he had intense killing periods, broken off by more placid years...?
                              It shows that these men had a greater degree of self-control, which is how they were able to lead such a double-life. The Ripper killed over a much shorter period of time, and even struck twice in one night because his bloodlust wasn't satiated.

Comment

Working...
                              X