The Grim Sleeper and a Hiatus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Grim Sleeper and a Hiatus

Here is some info about an SK, as yet uncaught, who is terrorizing Los Angeles.

Bullet evidence and DNA identify this person as being one in the same in ten killings.

What is interesting is that there was a 13 year hiatus. Of course it is always possible that this person was locked up during that time or otherwise incapacitated. We won't know till he's caught. But if he wasn't locked up then what does that do to the idea that Sk's can't quit? Even for a little while?

Thanks for that Diana.

It would seem that if this guy was in prison, they would have taken his DNA there and a match would have been made already. That serial killers can't quite thing is an oversimplification if not an outright falsehood in some cases.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

I just have to say that "Grim Sleeper" is one of the worst media-created names for a serial killer ever. Thankfully most news reports I've seen on the case don't use it. It was created by some alternative paper, LA Weekly I think. Maybe someone else will come up with a better one. Someone here could probably come up with something much more fitting without much effort.

Dan Norder
      Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
      Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Bus Stop Stalker beats that. Bellfield must hate that name.

This guy will be black, male, 35-50, mentally disturbed, with a history of sexual crimes (exposure, assault, that kind of thing), will have done repeated jail time, will be local, uneducated.

Comment

Grim Sleeper is probably just about as lurid as Jack the Ripper.

Comment

Perhaps I missed something but what do these crimes have to do with this guy sleeping unless it refers to his dormant period and that's pretty lame.
            This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Yeah, that's what it refers to, Stan. Very lame.

Dan Norder
              Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
              Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
              X