Ripperologist 125: April 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
    Hello Beowulf. Thanks for the kind words.

I've never quite understood why all Isenschmid's committals were to Colney Hatch except for 1888-9. That one was to Grove Hall from whence he was transferred to Banstead the following February.

My conjecture is that his symptoms approximated general paresis and Dr. Mickle, chief physician at Grove Hall, wrote the book on that disease in 1880.

Cheers.
    LC
    That's a thought.

Here's another. I work as an RN. It's pretty hard to get a person transferred to another hospital. That hospital usually is full and accepts direct admits before they will make room for someone from another hospital. To give up a room that would go to a patient that is already violent with no other options is not always possible.

I wonder if that is the reason for Isenschmid not transferring once discovered to be violent. It could be the reason Kosminski stayed there as well. Maybe Broadmoor was overcrowded?

Comment

• Hi Lynn

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
      Maybe Broadmoor was overcrowded?
      Wasn`t Broadmoor for the criminally insane?

Comment

• Broadmoor

Hello Barbara, Jon. So far as I know, Broadmoor was for the criminally insane. Perhaps a criminal conviction was needed?

Regarding transfer, he was transferred to Banstead in February.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

• Thanks Lynn. Apologies Beowulf, in error I addressed my reply to Lynn.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
            Hello Roy. Thanks for the kind words.

I don't recall a "long" neck, but I do remember--as you say--a discussion of a stout or powerful neck. Is that the one in the "Star" story?
            You're welcome.

Mr Taylor's "his neck was rather long" quote is in your article, Lynn.

Roy
            Sink the Bismark

Comment

Hello Roy. Thanks. Thought that was a stout one.

Isenschmid's neck is best viewed from his profile. Oddly, that is in his 1908 committal to Colney Hatch.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

• Ripper 125...

Lynn's article was very well done. He laid out his JI argument with aplomb. Not that much was new to me as I had interrogated Lynn in the past about his compelling hypothesis. I find the Fiddymont sighting very interesting.

I don't believe JI was leather Apron but perhaps he contributed to the legend.

Maybe he did shake down prostitutes and when he found out Nichols and Chapman had no money he went nuts and whacked them?

I assume Lynn doesn't believe JI whacked Tabram as a clasp knife didn't seem to be his type of weapon.

This of course means multiple murderous mutilators were roaming the East end simultaneously. This is what many struggle with, copycat or no.

And by the way Beowulf, you're not the only one who thought Lynn was a woman. I and others did as well. I pictured her a gorgeous blue eyed blond. I must say this is the only time Lynn disappointed me.

Greg
                Attached Files

Comment

• Yup, that's me.

Hello Greg. Thanks.

Where on earth did you find my pre-operation photograph?

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

• Research yields...

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                    Hello Greg. Thanks.

Where on earth did you find my pre-operation photograph?

Cheers.
                    LC
                    Ripperology has helped me hone my research skills so with due diligence I was able to unearth the pre-operation you.

Greg

Comment

• trans gendered

Hello Greg. Ah! That explains it.

I told the doctor I felt like a Scotsman trapped in a Yank female's body. He helped release the inner me.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

• A new you...

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                        Hello Greg. Ah! That explains it.

I told the doctor I felt like a Scotsman trapped in a Yank female's body. He helped release the inner me.

Cheers.
                        LC
                        Well, as long as you're now comfortable in your own skin Lynn that's all that matters............I must say some of us were rather smitten with the old Lynn though...

I'll let others be the judge.........here are Lynn's before and after photos...

Greg
                        Attached Files

Comment

• I told my doctor I felt like a new man...he said "then you should go out and get one ducky"...

OK, I'll pick up me coat on the way out...

Dave

Comment

• I re-read Simion's article, "Occam's Razor." It was great. I understand much more the second time through it. The Liberals attempt to destroy the Tory Administration, during which the murders were committed, T.P. O'Conner, Henry Labourche, the Sun, the Morning Leader, Cutbush's Uncle, and...and everything else.

You know, a signed copy of the new book would be nice. I'd even pay for the shipping

Comment

• Hi Scott,

Thank you very much.

But as a disheartened stamp collector once said, philately will get you nowhere.

Regards,

Simon
                              Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Working...
                              X