No announcement yet.

The Press responsible for GSG as well ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK , I think everybody has completely misread real topic of this thread !
    We know that it is commonly regarded that the press were indeed responsible for "Boss" letter ..
    My question was , and still is , could they have also be responsible for the Goulston street debacle ???

So , what if the press battle which was already raging out of control became more of a hands on fight , in regards to creating their own story's ..
    for example a piece of Eddows apron was either found, or removed from Mitre square or the morgue ( where her cloths lay in a pile ) by a journalist wishing to raise the steaks .. and once in a fairly secluded spot ( Goulston st ) removed his chalk from his pocket and in a "round schoolboy hand" proceeded to raise them steaks a little higher still .

The GSG itself " The Juwes are the men that will not be blamed for nothing "
    How's this for a little journo rebuttal " Who sent the fright letter , Blame new tabloid man , He No Ju "

moonbegger

Comment

Hello crberger ,

I hope you won't hold it against me, but...
      Never apologize or be fearful of stepping out from the Herd , to voice your own opinion

moonbegger .

Comment

Back on Topic

I see no reason why the press couldn't have gone in for a bit of graffiti.
        So if we track that idea, who would be most likely, the Gazette or theStar; who profited the most from the graffiti and who got the story out first; personally, I am going with the Gazette, if they could stoop so low to send letters, why not the GSG?

Comment

Has this report somehow been overlooked ?

The following is the official description of the body and clothing:

Age about 40, length five feet, dark auburn hair, hazel eyes. Dress - black jacket with imitation fur collar, three large metal buttons, brown boddice, dark green chintz (with Michaelmas daisy and Gordon lily pattern), skirt (three flounces), thin white vest, light drab linsey underskirt, dark green alpaca petticoat, white chemise, brown ribbed stockings, mended at feet with piece of white stocking, black straw bonnet trimmed with black beads and green and black velvet, large white handkerchief round neck, a pair of men's old laced boots, and a piece of coarse white apron.
          Is this the same piece of coarse white apron that was later discovered in Goulston street ? Not a torn or ripped white apron , but just a piece of white apron Was it picked up by a journo at the morgue , looking to chalk his ego into the ripper folklore ?

cheers

moonbegger

Comment

Originally posted by moonbegger View Post
            Has this report somehow been overlooked ?

Is this the same piece of coarse white apron that was later discovered in Goulston street ? Not a torn or ripped white apron , but just a piece of white apron Was it picked up by a journo at the morgue , looking to chalk his ego into the ripper folklore ?

cheers

moonbegger
            Someone may have been able to help you, if, you had provided a source (always advisable).

The official list of Eddowes belongings as attached to her original Inquest record lists:
            1 piece of white coarse linen.
            1 piece of old white apron.

Do I assume you are talking about the latter?

Given that her apron was divided in two, and the rest of the list of belongings came directly from her body, then we might assume this piece of old white apron is the other half which was still attached to her corpse.
            This was City property.
            The Goulston st. piece 'may' have been kept by the Met. police.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Was in goulston street today .. managed to get some good shots from the inside of the part of the stairwell that still exists , above the chippi .. although now carpeted , it felt odd being on the inside for once maybe i'll get some video later in the week and post them ..

moonbegger

Comment

Originally posted by moonbegger View Post
                Was in goulston street today .. managed to get some good shots from the inside of the part of the stairwell that still exists , above the chippi .. although now carpeted , it felt odd being on the inside for once maybe i'll get some video later in the week and post them ..

moonbegger
                I hope so!

Comment

it felt odd being on the inside for once

To be in a place where "Jack" never went - he passed by briefly. To gaze on a spot where an unknown hand (not "Jack's") scrawled some anti-Jewish words!!

That's special!

Just kidding - I too will be eager to see the pics and any video. It is a spot now forever associated with the case - if only because the apron scrap was found there.

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H View Post
                    it felt odd being on the inside for once

To be in a place where "Jack" never went - he passed by briefly. To gaze on a spot where an unknown hand (not "Jack's") scrawled some anti-Jewish words!!

That's special!

Just kidding - I too will be eager to see the pics and any video. It is a spot now forever associated with the case - if only because the apron scrap was found there.

Phil
                    Yes indeed Phil .. but then again , I may have on film Jack the Rippers front door .. unless of course , anyone can introduce evidence to the contrary

will upload them shortly , Video and Photo's ..

moonbegger

Comment

I uploaded the photo's and video to the East end photograph thread .

Comment

Working...
                      X