Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Klosowski/Chapman Questioned About the Ripper Murders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Klosowski/Chapman Questioned About the Ripper Murders?

Was Klosowski/Chapman ever questioned about the Ripper murders? If so, to what extent?

c.d.

I'm not an expert on Klosowski but I am sure it never got as far that he was questioned. I know Abberline allegedly made enquiries about the possibility.
    Best regards,
    Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

That seems rather strange. You would think that if someone of Abberline's reputation believed him to be the Ripper that Scotland Yard would have pursued it.

c.d.

Comment

Hey guys,

Abberline's comments regarding Chapman were made shortly before he was hanged for murdering his wife - by this time, he was refusing to even admit that he was Severin Klosowski, so if ever there was any thought of questioning him regarding the Ripper murders, it was probably decided to be a waste of time as nothing could be got out of him at all and he was already headed to the gallows anyway.

Cheers,
        Adam.

Comment

Adam is correct.He refused to speak almost,like an elected mute.When he did he denied all knowledge of the murders and "whoever this chap Severin Klosowski might be" , insisting he was George Chapman .
          So from what can be gathered it was impossible to question him.....about anything.
          Norma

Comment

Hi Adam, Natalie

Thanks for your responses. That answers my question.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
            X